Disaster afoot!

@bob31 @Hogmaster

I’ve been treating for deficiencies and pH levels, but I couldn’t explain the little white dots on my leafs…

Turns out I have an Afid infestation…

I’ve worked TOO HARD to have these little bastards come in and ruin everything!!

PLEASE HELP!!

Need oil or soapy water?

@LV2GRW I’m not familiar with your grow.
Are still in Veg or have you begun to flower?
Outdoors or indoors?

@Myfriendis410

What do you mean?? Just mix water and dish soap together and spray it on??

Leafs are wilting and turning brown and crispy.

Just found some on my clones too…

This is an epidemic for my plants.

Neem oil from the garden supply. Dish soap and water but I’m not sure of the ratio. 1 teaspoon per gallon? It will suffocate the little bastards.

Those look lovely @LV2GRW.

I’m not a pest expert and being you are already in flower I would think it would limit your options as it isn’t the best idea to put DE or neem oil on your flowers.
If you are able to get ladybugs from a local pet store that might do the trick the lady bugs will eat the aphids.
I would let some more experienced memebers get you some input as I said I’m not a pest expert and have never really had any issues with them so I don’t want to stear you wrong. It might be possible to apply DE to your plants even in flowering it just might require you to wash your buds at harvest time.

All solid options. If you decide to try the dish soap make sure it is a very mild soap. Dawn dish soap is not mild soap so don’t use that or anything similar.

Keep the neem away from buds if you go that route. DE is a good option as well. So are the ladybugs if that works for you.

Decided to go the dish soap route, but read @bob31 message a little too late…

From what I can tell, from the above pictures, the dish soap has done the trick.

Might reapply tomorrow just for good measure.

If that doesn’t work try this too [quote=“Hogmaster, post:5, topic:13531, full:true”]
Here is @garrigan62 recipe

Try this for your Spider Mites

Tabacco Juice recipe

Take 3 strong ciggeretes or more, I use more soak them over night in water

Boil it for 2 to 3 minutes, let it cool off and spray the plants 3 to 4 times a week. You can add safer soap or you can use dish soap that’s what i use, if you like to the mixture.

(make absolutly sure you use gloves/face protection while handling and spraying)

Neem oil works very well too!! Before you use this i have some thing that make’s it much better to use

: Your Last resort is to use Avid

Hope this helps

Will
[/quote]

Does that mean you used something like dawn?

Unfortunately, yes. I was desperate and turned to YouTube for answers.

ok I will tag @Screwauger @Rugar89 I think they both had dish soap issues. Maybe they can offer advice?

At what concentration did you use @LV2GRW and no worries if it was diluted enough you’re probably gonna be ok

I used 1/2 tsp of neem, 1/2 tsp of dawn and a quart of water and burned the ever loving crap out of my plant.

I sincerely hope that does not happen but understand you need to kill the aphids.

If you mixed at that strength, I would quickly spray with ph’d water and wait a day and if ok, douse them again with the neem and a milder detergent like seventh generation (local supermarket brand or any natural or mild detergent). @LV2GRW

@Screwauger I’m outta like but wanted to say thanks for sharing! :v::grinning::+1::palm_tree:

@LV2GRW I have issues with aphids every year on my lemon tree and gardenia plants. I use a mixture of water, olive oil (about a tsp) and a few DROPS of dish detergent in a spray bottle and it works like a charm. Hoping for the best for you and your girls.~AB

The ratio is… 1 gallon good ph’d water , 2 oz’s of neem oil for bad infestation and 1 1/2 oz’s for mild infestation and 5 to 10 drops of blue original Dawn dish soap… :wink:
You can also substitute canola oil instead of neem oil because it’s cheaper and you might have a better access to it… same ratios… :wink:
And of course only spray them at night or 4 hours before lights on if your indoors… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

Hey, guys!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but I came across this stuff and it is absolutely FANTASTIC!!

It’s a little spendy, but when it comes to your plants, it’s well worth it!!

Happy growing!!

I have it but never used it. I think mine is in the spray bottle