Dimlux expert series 1000 watt, anyone?

A question from a fellow grower:

Have you used the new Dimlux expert series 1000 watt light , adjustable from 600 to 1200 watts? if so, what foot print and do you just put them at the top of your tent and let the plants grow into them? that’s what my hydro shop here is telling me doesn’t sound write to me but I am new to the game grow in doors . Can you help me out here

I for one have not seen a Diimlux light that you could adjust from 600 watt to 1000 watt. I would have bought it if I knew.
I always use the hand method, if the light is uncomfortable to the back of your hand, than it’s uncomfortable to your plants…
If it don’t sound write , it mostly likely isn’t. Just like…if it"'s to good to be true, it is !
By the way, could you send me a link to that Dimlux ?
Thanks

B Safe
Will

I’d be more than happy to help with your room set up. Urban Agricultural in Seattle WA is the master importer for DimLux and OptiClimate in the US. We provide installation- and technical-support, complete in-house warranty fulfillment, and offer on-site services for a nominal fee. You’re welcome to contact me directly with additional questions.

Each DimLux ballast has a range for the footprint that can be increased or decreased based on your garden’s needs, or desired PPFD. I typically recommend a 51" square footprint for maximum PPFD while still being able to use the 20% boost function on the 1000w ballasts. I’d be happy to discuss your specific needs if you’d like setup assistance.

Alicia Donnelly
206-243-2207
alicia@urbanagws.com