Dilemma: Best auto ever vs first photoperiod

Chef any pics of that plant…?? Just curious

I will keep trimming and topping as suggested until I flip here.

Maybe it’s a good thing after all that I planted her in a 10 gal bag.

I only do 3 gal bags for my autos

2 Likes

Hell yeah thats perfect :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: im ordering 10g fabric bags on the 1st for my S.S.
Keep her spread out and only trim the troubled spots where more light is needed, baby her and she will bring you the love you showed her. Best of luck bro you’re doin great.:muscle:

2 Likes

@VirginiaGrowBoy I agree with those that said to keep holding off on the photo to ride out the auto for her full potential. Hell once the auto is done you’ll have double the space in your tent for that massive photo. Play the trim game then let her EXPLODE.

2 Likes

The photoperiod plant on the left needs my attention. Growing like a weed.:thinking: And trying to push the auto out of the tent.

Stay the course, right?

@beardless
@The_Chef
@HappyHydroGrower
@anon1893985
@Fieldofdreams

5 Likes

@VirginiaGrowBoy you could do some defoliating or simply change the configuration in the tent. Instead of side by side what if they were placed diagonal from each other in corners? Your auto won’t be around much longer.

3 Likes

@Fieldofdreams

I think I can do both.

2 Likes

Slide it over and raise it up on a couple of bricks or a 5 gal bucket. That’ll buy some time. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Definitely get in there a trim her up good. You can do some supercropping too if you want. Beautiful plant though brother. You’ll definitely get to the finish line. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Awesome advice from the growmies up above as well.

1 Like

Ok my sf1000 came in today. So much better than I had

3 Likes

This seems to be almost a losing battle keeping the photoperiod on the left in control while the auto on the right finishes up.

I’ll keep working on her every 4 or 5 days

3 Likes

@VirginiaGrowBoy There are certainly worse problems you could be facing lol!!

1 Like

@Fieldofdreams

True true . But I’m worried I’ll lose my resolve to keep doing this heavy heavy defoliation over and over again

@VirginiaGrowBoy there definitely more than 1 way to be ‘burnt out’ lol

1 Like

I would order a true draw 150 watt light. Take the auto out of the tent set it under new light. It an auto. Then I would flip when I was ready.
I like photo’s better than autos. By the looks of your tent if you get those lights flipped that photo will far out produce that auto. She looks very nice and ready to flip. Longer veg trying to keep here short could result in smaller buds. If she could go up you would be ok. As I can see thats not possible with keeping the light at the right height.
Anyway that is what I would do.

1 Like

Heres a decent light for cheep. Will do that plant. I have a 4000w actually 450 watts and am doing 4 plants bigger than that.
2022 SAYHON Update LED Grow Light,SH1200 Full Spectrum Grow Lights for Indoor Plants with UV Supplemental Bar Increase Yield & Crop Quality‎,3x3ft Coverage Dimmable Plant Grow Light for Greenhouse Amazon.com

Any light really. When done with auto use for seedlings. Or always grow an auto outside the tent and a photo inside of it.

1 Like

@beardless
@HappyHydroGrower @Fieldofdreams @beachglass @The_Chef @DRsDank

I’ve got to admit, this thing is growing so quickly, that I’ve gotten to the point in defoliating… that if it is green, I chop it off. Very little choosing between main branches and minor ones. Right or wrong, I topped probably 8 to 10 tops in the process.

I worked on this vigorously for 15 minutes and this was the best I could do to try to get it back under control. It seems like a losing battle. Yeh, awfully sloppy work for me and I’m sort of embarrassed… but it is what it is.

Just 2 more weeks I hope before I can flip it and let it loose to grow rampant.

Before versus after …

BEFORE

AFTER

2 Likes

It may seem like a bad problem to have but just wait till they start budding… In hydro, they grow big and fast. Just wait till you flip to 12/12. She’ll really go nuts.
Good job on keeping her small. She’s gonna reward you! Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

@HappyHydroGrower @anon1893985 @Fieldofdreams @beardless @beachglass @The_Chef

I’ve got another idea.

There is room on my deck to move the autoflower out there.

Is that bad to move a plant from tent to outdoors with only 2 weeks to harvest???

Then I could flip the photo in the tent by itself.

Good or bad idea? Remember my primary concern is maximizing the auto

2 Likes