Dilemma: Best auto ever vs first photoperiod

Sorry this issue is not decided yet but I have a personal dilemma.

I have a blueberry auto (on the right) that looks at this stage to be the best auto I’ve ever grown. I supercropped it by laying it over and then FIMmed it. It’s got probably 4 to 5 weeks to go and should be a record harvest for me .

However, on the left is my first photoperiod that I have been treading water flattening and defoliating over and over buying me some time. It’s going to be ginormous.

If I flip the tent to 12/12 , will that adversely affect the potential record yield on my auto that I am dying to see if I can get?

I have 300W in a 3x3 tent with only these 2 plants left in there.

What would you do? Flip the photo when? Do I have enough light to give the auto to max it out with only 12 hours light?

3 Likes

Rut ro. Oh man. We know it shouldn’t effect auto with light switch. How many weeks in flower in photo

Photo is not in flower. Tent is at 18/6 and auto is about 4 weeks into flower

1 Like

Duh…Of course not in flower yet. :unamused:
What i might have meant is how old is she

1 Like

She’s the same age as the auto about 8 weeks. She is in a 10 gal bag

Can u leave in veg longer?

i tried to figure it out, but my brain can’t do mathematics whilst high.

2 Likes

I think I can treat water and keep it in veg maybe another 2 weeks max

1 Like

Longer the better. What do u treat water?

2 Likes

6.5 ph with Jack’s 321

1 Like

@HappyHydroGrower

What would you do?

1 Like

You can prune it back to the size you want. Just don’t let the ends double up. If the node has 2 growth tips remove one for now. That one will grow and then if you want to top it to have two stems, then you can. Also thin out and remove some of the interior secondary branches. Keep it pruned back and healthy and it will blow past your previous harvests.
What is the photoperiod?
When it has the whole tent, what is the plan?

ps Blueberry was my favorite auto grow.

2 Likes

@beardless

It’s a Magic Melon Fem (60% Sativa). My neighbor gave it to me since I wanted to try and grow a photo.

Once I flip it I guess the plan would be just a full grow with some more supercropping but no net or sea of green.

It’s my first photo plant and just want to bring it to harvest successfully and not go for a grant slam. Just a single or double.

2 Likes

@beardless definitely has excellent points to follow. He is a master at training plants.

Being a photo, it’s always a good idea to research and see how much that plant may stretch after flip. As a rule, but not always, that particular plant will all stretch the same, every time.

It appears to be a short tight photo. Like beardless said, you can train it for several more weeks and keep her small till the auto gets through. Every time you top snip or cut on her, it will slow her growth down just enough for you to keep her small enough, along with some more training. She looks excellent. Just stay on corse in my opinion. You can do it. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you all very much . I’ll try doing that.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words but apprentice may be closer to it.

2 Likes

Do your auto until finished then flip to flower on your photo. Imho

2 Likes

@anon1893985
I’m hoping to do that if I can just tread water with the photo and keep her flat and in check for another 3 to 4 weeks. But she is 2+ ft wide now.

All bs aside imho it’ll just make for one badass plant… have patience and faith.
All that hard work will pay off for you. Just think of all the new growth on your photo i bet its gonna be your best one ever… im cheering for you… im no expert by no means just my opinion :muscle::pray:

2 Likes

I think you’ll be fine brother. Just look at it this way. Once the auto is done and you flip. You will have a massive photo yield next :joy: just keep trimming like @beardless mentioned.

I went 96 days before I flipped to 12/12. Was filing a scrog.

1 Like

Chef thanks for the confidence backup

1 Like