Digital timer malfunction

I thought I’d be mr. cool and replace my old timer with a digital timer. Programmed it, and it worked fine for a couple days. Woke up this morning, and my light was on with the closet door shut, and it wasn’t suppose to be. It’s programmed correctly, so don’t know what happened. My plant is on day 13 12/12. Will this have any effect on it this early? I went back to my old style timer.

2 Likes

One day of problems isn’t likely to affect the plant.

5 Likes

I have a couple with the same face. Fortunately I have not had a problem. There is something to be said for the pin style. It gives me a sense of security to here it click and chug along.

@Dexterado since you just got this and I have found it to have a learning curve in setting it up…there is a good possibility you did not set it up correctly. I have 2 of them for over 3 years and my only problem is making sure I got the times set correctly then it must be on and set to auto for the auto to take over…but yours could be bad just saying…

2 Likes

I thought the same thing, but I’ve checked it multiple times and tested it, and even watched videos. I’m going to use it on something else for a few days and see how it does. Seems very simple to set up, so I just don’t know.

1 Like

Hey @Dexterado maybe put a nite lite on it outside your door so you get a heads up when it is on.
I have one too and only problems I’ve had is when I put it on ‘ON’ mode and didn’t set back to ‘AUTO’ mode.

1 Like

Thanks, I double checked, and it was on auto.

1 Like

If it continues to do that replace it if they let you return.

I had opposite problem. had 2 different pin type and neither worked. son set it again and no workie. I got digital and all is happy in the tent now. I hope i dad jinx myself.

Google smart plug
Works from your phone

2 Likes

I just completely reset the whole timer, and reset the cycle times. I’ll test it a couple days on something insignificant, then go from there. Just hope it didn’t screw my plant, like hermie.

1 Like

There is also a Govee smart plug. They also have a hygrometer and humidifier that you can link to your phone with an app. You can view humidity levels and make adjustments. The only draw back, you have to share your location to use the app, so if that is not a problem that could be something to look at

https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Temperature-Humidity-Notification-Monitor/dp/B07Y36FWTT/ref=asc_df_B07Y36FWTT/?tag=greenrel-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385240132448&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9821816633085842105&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9014177&hvtargid=pla-839052077212&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=80078690338&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=385240132448&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9821816633085842105&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9014177&hvtargid=pla-839052077212