Digital pH meter on Amazon

I like the Apera. A bit more expensive, but they’re accurate, come with a warranty, and they come with a case & calibration solution.

I’ve given up on ph pens. I’ve moved on to the ph test strips for checking saliva/urine. 0-14 ph reading, fairly accurate, cheap, and never needs calibration.

Did you try a quality pH pen?

I’ll admit… No. I tied a few of the cheaper models, and none of them will stabilize long enough to calibrate. I got what I paid for, and except it. But I’ve been more than happy with the strips. I’m sure in the long run I’ll get a quality replacement pen. Averaging .10 cent a strip isn’t too bad. But will add up…

I went with the cheapest best model I could. The Apera phb3 (I think that’s the correct order). It was under 40 bucks, and with auto calibration, using only one point of calibration. Once I figured out how to properly calibrate, I was set. I only have to recalibrate once a month. Accurate to within -+.1.

I’ll look into it. Thanks!

Apera Instruments PHB-3 Economic Waterproof pH Pocket Tester, ±0.1 pH Accuracy, 0-14.0 pH Range

Be careful with this PH pen. I have bought and used 2 of these early on, but be careful. This is not waterproof, and if you drop it or get it too wet. It is done. Works for beginners on a budget. :slight_smile: Used to be 6 bucks, too!

The yellow apera or the original poster’s meter? I’ve had the yellow apera for a year, now, without any issues. Dropped it into several vats of h2o & nute solution, and no issues. I handle it with dripping wet hands, all the time. Easy to calibrate. Easy to operate. Auto temp calibration.
Comes with a warranty, case, and a small vial of calibration solution. It uses regular aaa batteries, so that’s a huge convenience. So far, my only complaint is that it’s not backlit.

When I purchased it, it was $37. The price is steadily going down on the item, though.

I have no qualms recommending it to others, as I haven’t had a single issue with it. I use it at least 3 days a week, taking multiple readings with each use. I calibrate it once a month.

All can say is that mine died the first time I dropped it in a reservoir.

I always err on the side of caution when suggesting products to my
membership. Please do the same. a lot of our members are on a fixed
income and cannot afford to buy something that could go bad. I suggest
buying a Milwaukee waterproof pen or meter the first time if you plan to
be a serious grower.

Thanks for your inout. Peace, lw :slight_smile:

I never recommend anything that I haven’t tried & found to be true. I err on the side of caution, as well.

That’s not saying that eventually I won’t move up to a Bluelab pen, but until this current one needs replacing: she’s a keeper. :v:

PS: the only issues I’ve had have been my own errors…such as not calibrating it for several months over the summer, and then using it. Lol! Stupid human error.