Diffferent tricomes

I’ve seen in multiple posts that there are certain strains that thier tricomes never turn amber. Does anyone have a list of those strains? Or does anyone have a strain that they are sure don’t turn so that we can start compiling a list? Thanks for your input in advance.

Well sometimes the haze strains take a looootttt longer to amber, an in some cases 40-50% max that’s solely reading not experience

1 Like

@pillsbury i also think among newer growers knowing where the trichomes are can lead to some confusion. I see a lot of pics of sugar leaves with new growers. Its a learning experience. From what I know they have the ability to amber just each strain has its own timelines and also the conditions the plant is in.

I’m one of them, I thought the sugar leaves was what I was supposed to look at & I think it was @Covertgrower told me otherwise. I picked my 1st harvest too early I think, good buzz that only lasts a few hours but made great R. S. O…

4 Likes

No worries @pillsbury its all a learning experience! Im still learning all the time or different ways of doing things! That was makes it fun to grow and not boring! Stay Safe and Lit My Friend!!:fire::fire::fire::v::v:

3 Likes

I am growing Lemon Haze now and one has finished, not ever turning amber. Anything that might have looked amber on scoping was either the glow from the orange stigmas or damaged trichome where the tent wall had rubbed it. I am scoping again tomorrow and most likely will put the one remaining LH in darkness a couple of days, but will try and get a good photo and post it here. It is literally four weeks past the projected due date of an autoflower finishing.

2 Likes

This is the Lemon Haze that I put in darkness for 48 hours. She is way overdue according the stats of finishing time for this auto but those can be taken with a grain of salt. Looking at the trichomes is great but in the end I take into account the stigmas, look of the bud, and all the other factors. They keep making trichomes so you kind of have to take that into account. This plant is at 14 weeks. Way beyond the 8-10 suggested flowering time. If it is anything like it’s sister plant, it is going to be fantastic. It is at the point that I worry the buds will rot if I keep it going.

5 Likes

@pillsbury I just chopped a CBD Ratio 30:1 from homegrowncannabus. I went 1 1/2 weeks over and hardly any amber. I started asking around.
For whatever reason, I found out that large scale cbd producers harvest at all cloudy. When it goes amber your losing cbd potency.
That goes contrary to what I learned about judging harvest time by tricomes amount of amber but I was told it’s easily verified. I think I’ll delve into that.
I do know she just didn’t want to go amber.
I’ll know in a little bit if I took her too soon.

1 Like

I plan on trying a cbd in my next grow. Thanks thats good info. Someone once told me that a lot of the haze strains are not prone to going amber, I just started a purple haze seed.

1 Like

I grew a three autos on my first grow. The CBD was in my second grow. The autos were LA Confidential x Mazar. Two of them did fine. The other never did amber up. Autos do what they want, not on anyone’s schedule but their own. I’ve heard that can be a challenge. I’m doing photos for a few more grows before I try another auto.

1 Like