Different water

Can i use creek water un ph’d for watering my plants with no nutes my ph meter broke and a new one wont be here until the 27th

They gettin thirsty!

1 Like

Yep I would or used R.O.Water filter works great. Your buds are looking great.

1 Like

@Interlu thanks for the quick response. if i were to fill a 50 gallon drum with creek water would i have to ph it after a while or would it be okay sitting for a week or 2?

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work fine

1 Like

me either, just double checking. this is my first grow and im about to cross the finish line and i dont wanna mess it up :grin:

Your plants look great. Good work.

I wouldn’t use water that I haven’t tested unless it’s distilled or RO. Even rain water (depending on collection methods) might need testing.

Creeks or rivers can have all kinds of things running into them that might affect their pH/ppms. Farms, pine forests, a fire nearby…

Amazon can have a new meter to your doorstep in days. Until then I’d splurge on some store bought distilled water and call it a day.

2 Likes

what about spring water? thanks
yeah i ordered one from amazon but its not gonna be here till the 27th i live in the boonies

1 Like

Same thing. It’s an unknown.

Any water is better than none. If your soil pH is perfect you could probably get away with a single watering without testing, but why risk it when a relatively cheap solution exists.

2 Likes

10/4 ill go with distilled thanks again

2 Likes

You look like you doing a great job.
Good luck on the inn . That when the fun starts. My last grow of LSD and Bergman’s gold and Gorilla glue was good to me
:sunglasses::sunglasses:

5 Likes

pH will creep in standing/stored water.

In a pinch you could buy test strips/solution at a pool/spa store. But that $$ could just as easily buy distilled water.

1 Like

this is ultimately me being spoiled by the ph meter because i have the color drops im just trying to find an alternate way so i dont have to use that method

1 Like

i chopped it a bit early but it was a runt plant fox tailing and looking real odd

2 Likes

Creek water will have unwanted organisms in it. Like fungus that causes root rot.

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking more than runoff pesticides danger, (but that concern is legit, too) I was thinking about possible harmful microorganisms living in that water. It’s such an unknown.

1 Like