Different Sources - Different Times

I have three plants (BB, GSC, and GG - all seeds from ILGM) that are growing BEAUTIFULLY. I understand that the three strains will likely be ready for harvest on different schedules.

THAT’S NOT MY QUESTION. I kind of figured that would be the case. It looks like BB and GG will be ready earlier than GSC. I’m cool with that.

My question is this.

ILGM says, for example, that Bruce Banner takes from 10-14 weeks from germination to harvest. Another source says 8-9 weeks. I’m trying to sort this out. Same with the other seeds. I am wondering why two sources of seeds would have such different growing periods.

Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Welcome! That’s normal to have different harvest times. I have had the same seeds germ at the same time BUT harvest at different times. My best recommendation would be check the trichomes on each plant. That gives you the best way to know for sure when to harvest regardless of the sources you get info from. There’s is chart you can find showing all the different trichomes outcomes for what and when YOU want to harvest. Hope that helps a little. Happy Growing😎

1 Like

@AintGonnaWorkOnMaggiesFarm
Just going by the estimated time looks like ILGM has added in some veg time.
A lot of breeders don’t factor that in when marketing unfortunately. Makes for a bit of confusion on estimated harvest when planning a grow.
It usually takes 5-7 weeks for an autoflower plant to become sexually mature enough to flower.
Bear in mind that these are estimates under IDEAL conditions for experienced growers so ymmv. :wink:.

:v:

1 Like

some list seed to harvest, some just list the flowering time once flowering starts… some just kinda lie I think.

1 Like

Could have something to do with different breeders could be a trick to sell more seeds or all could be true that theres autos out there that finish at nine weeks from seed to harvest and to see if it is true u would have to grow one of those seeds and find out .but i would say its more of a marketing plan to sell more seeds

1 Like

Thanks y’all! I appreciate your input. I’ve got a loupe and I’ll be checking the buds daily for trichomes. My estimate is going to be in the 10-11 week range for BB and GG and a full 14 for the GSC. She’s looking a little more wispy, but still healthy as heck. I’ll try to get on here and post photos later.

The GG is gonna be tricky. She’s got some nice colored stigmas, but the trichomes are still clear with just a couple starting to get milky. The BB is right behind her.

2 Likes

Hey I have five Bruce banner autos going in my tents. One was a different pheno I harvested at 86 days from germ, the other four are 94 days old now and still have about two weeks left. Hope that helps with your planning!

2 Likes

Thanks!

Cannot wait for my first harvest!

1 Like

I think ILGM says that for most if not all their auto strains. That is a generic timeline that most autos will fall into.

1 Like

Dont ever go by the time line given. I’ve had a pineapple auto go for 17 weeks until it was ready and I had a purple kush auto finish in 11 weeks. Only go by your trichomes. If she’s a happy plant she might spend more time in veg.

2 Likes