Different Nutrient Options Advice Needed

I am currently using Fox Farm Nutrients / Fox Farm Coco Soil and every time I follow the feeding chart and PH the water around 6.5 my leaves turn yellowish and brown up. Is there an alternative nutrient plan I can use? I’ve seen a lot of people go with nutrients that are in the soil and just have to water. What are good recommendations?

Are you following the flush schedule? Feeding fox farms full strength will always result in salt build up. Jacks 321 is very gentle and doesn’t need constant flushing like fox farms. And it’s cheaper. Same mix from seed to harvest so no need to keep checking the feed chart.

3 Likes

From what I understand from the Fox Farm feeding schedule is that I should feed 2 times a week, but feed it every other watering and flush when switching from veg to flower. I was thinking the problem I am coming across is a Nitrogen problem and would stop giving the plants the Big Bloom bottle and just got with Big Grow until I start the flowering process. Also give it half of what the schedule says. Next grow I’ll switch to the Jacks 321 and hopefully wont run into the same issue.

1 Like

This bottle has nothing but macro nutes in it. You can feed this at full strength from seed to harvest. It’s grow big and tiger bloom that are really potent. Fox farms requires flushes every 4 weeks.

2 Likes

I don’t know FF trio but i use GH trio and no where near their schedule…
I imagine they are very comparable.

Heres what GH says.

And here’s what I feed “in veg”.

I also do not feed by any set times 2 times a week or every 3rd water or none of that when in soil. .
I log ppm in and out and feed based off them trying to keep them between 800-1200 or so.

I know my carts are not FF nutes but maybe if the suggested ratios are close to the same it can give ya an idea :man_shrugging:

But i fully agree cutting their suggestion down could help…

Jacks 321. Extremely simple to use.

1 Like

Appreciate that! I had no idea about that. I’ll have to go get a bottle of SledgeHammer and give it a good flush then go light on the Big Bloom.

If you all ready got it then use it, but its not needed to flush.

All you need to flush is plain ph water my freind.

Someone has mentioned to me about PPM before. Still don’t quite understand it, but it may have a huge impact. I’ll have to do more research on it and start testing for it as well as the PH. Thank you for the advice!

1 Like

Again, you can go full strength on big bloom. There’s not much in it.

This is the fox farms schedule adjusted for 500 scale ppms.

2 Likes

Sorry I meant to say go light on the grow big

1 Like

Man im so sleepy atm, but hit me up tomorrow and ill go over it with you. I have a huge long post somewhere i just did explaining it all and showing my process with makeing the log so easy…
But tag me and remind me tomorrow :grin:

God that chart gives me a headache thinking about all them products :tired_face:
No wonder so many new growers end up pulling their hair out trying to make sense of it all :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Most only use the top 3

2 Likes

Definitely Jack’s 321 is so simple and effective. I’ve been there bro with other manufacturers, but these folks seem to know their stuff. From “pop to chop” as one of the Jedi’s @Capt.Cola says. Good luck bud!!:+1:t3::love_you_gesture:t3::v:t3:

2 Likes

I agree. started with FF and went to Jack’s 321. Very straight forward and plants agree.

2 Likes

LIke the others said Jacks 321. I switched from FF Trio to Jacks

2 Likes