Diesel's Strawberry Kush & Pineapple Chunk experiments

Yup, no big deal. Reason it’s sold out is because they’re technically not available yet. I tagged you because I knew you were about to have something similar.

1 Like

Thanks. They look like they have another week or 2 left. I haven’t looked at the trichomes much, but will later :+1::v:

3 Likes

@dbrn32 I also noticed the 324’s dropped $30. Now if only they’ll sell just the panel for reasonable. So I don’t have pay for so many drivers.

1 Like

So I was reading through and noticed some of y’all drill instead of splitting the stem. Does it work the same way, because if so this process is about to be a lot easier :v:
If so what size bit should one use or does ot depend on how thick and big the stem is?
@TDubWilly @MattyBear

2 Likes

I don’t always do this to my stems but when I do, I drill it :wink:

I use a smaller bit (1/4" usually, 3/8" at the largest) and drill multiple offset holes going up the stem. The thought process behind splitting the stem is to disrupt water and nutrients that are flowing through the xylem and the phloem, by drilling the stem you accomplish this also.

I bet a good size stem would be ok with one 1/2" hole through it but I have never drilled a hole quite that size.

3 Likes

I have all the way up to a 1/2". So a series of holes up the stem at different angles or just reverse the direction eact time?

1 Like

I space my holes about 1" from each other and offset the next one 90 degrees off from the lower one

2 Likes

This is my first attempt at drilling the stems. If I don’t get the desired effect, I’ll drill multiple holes next time.

5 Likes

Here they are today. They both are showing cloudy and clear with some amber mixed in as well. I’ll be trying the drilling the stem once she has about a week left and then hit them with the flawless finish for the last week. These two have some chunky and dense buds on them. They have a nice cheesy and tropical fruity smell to her.

13 Likes

Beautiful tent @Dieselgrower those are going to be great jarred and cured.

2 Likes

Getting a little jealous here for sure!

2 Likes

Looking great bro!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I tried a little sample of the pineapple chunk and all I can say is that I can’t wait till they are ready. Here is the mainline getting trimmed up and jarred.

11 Likes

Great news, figured you would like it.

2 Likes

I have a pineapple chunk going also. It is growing the best buds out of 14 strains. Think it may be the one I have been looking for if they look like yours. I dusted a couple of the buds with aK 47 pollen

2 Likes

It’s delicious my friend and they seem like another 2 weeks give or take. I’m excited to see what these ones finish like. I may have to keep this one on deck for the yeild section. I found 5 seeds in the fast finishing strawberry kush that was scroged. I’m definitely going to run these seeds, hopefully they’ll be female and be just as fast as their mother someday.

@bryan that sounds like a great combo :+1::v:

2 Likes

@bryan @Dieselgrower she’s gotten her rep from that usually high yielding+flavor combo.

2 Likes

That’s what i was reading on it

1 Like

I have 14 strains in flower right now and Chunk has biggest buds

3 Likes

I’d believe it my friend :+1::v:

1 Like