Diesel's small tent run

Well it’s about that time when I begin to put my small tent back to work while my scrog tent does the heavy lifting. I’m thinking of using my 1 and 3 gallon pots and run all autoflowers in them. I can squeeze 2 to 4 in there and simce they are autos, theoretically I’ll shoot for a sort of sog style almost. I have tossed the idea around to cram as many 1 or 3 gallons in it as I can an fill it with and run some of the regs I have in stock. I’m already looking to replace both of my flowering lights with the qb260 and the 300w led with a 135w qb that is on this tent now.
I’m planning to throw as many blueberry and gsc autos in my 1 and 3 gallon pots.

5 Likes

@dbrn32 I’m looking at the 260 qb and the options are the qb288 or thw qb304, what is the main difference and which is the better or best option?

3 Likes

Glad you asked! As far as amount of light you’re going to get out of them, they’re nearly identical. The difference in the 16 diodes is negligible when power levels are the same.

The biggest difference is how the leds are connected on the boards. On the 304 it’s voltage is around 105-107 volts because the amount of diodes connected in series is double. Which also means the max current is half as much. On the 288 board the amount of diodes in series is half as much which also means the voltage is half as much, like 53-54 volts. So to get to the same power level they run twice as many strings parallel connected, which also doubles the max current.

In my opinion, there’s a lot more drivers available to do different things with the 288 boards. So I prefer them. But I’m also a lot more likely to be separating boards and doing different things in the future than probably everyone here. So it’s probably not as big of deal for most.

As far as s 260w kit with 304 and 288, only difference is output current on driver. The 304 kit will come with hlg-240-1050 and the 288 kit with hlg-240-2100. Personally if the color temp I wanted was available in 288 board kit, that’s the one I would get. But if it was only available in 304 board kit, I wouldn’t have any issues with getting that one either.

4 Likes

Thanks for the wisdom and information my friend :+1::v:

1 Like

What size is your small tent you are using for this?

2 Likes

It is 2x2 my apologies my friend. :+1::v:
I completely forgot to add that :joy:

2 Likes

You’re looking at the 260 kit for 3x3 though right? That’s probably quite a bit bigger than needed for 2x2.

1 Like

No problem. I read what you were thinking of putting in there and was just curios to the space you had available. I will follow along since I would like to do some thing like this my self. I could only fit one of my auto plants in a 2x2 though. Just one plant would take up a 3x3 if I let it. So I will be happy to follow along and learn a little more.

2 Likes

Yes the 260 for the 3x3 and I have my eye on that hlg 100 for the 2x2, which I’m using in this journal. :v::+1:

2 Likes

Gotcha, I knew we had discussed the smaller option for this tent and I think it’s s better fit.

2 Likes

Yes the 100 compared to the 135, if I remember correctly?

i’m in @Dieselgrower 2x2 grows are good in my book!

4 Likes

Yup, either of those good for 2x2 in my opinion. 260w of qb’s for 4 square feet just beyond reasonable for that size space.

1 Like

Yeah they only habe the 304’s, but I’m going to look around payday amd maybe they’ll have the 288 if not not I may just go with the 304. I may pull the trigger on the 100 or I might wait and not strain the finances too much this next round.

2 Likes

Did you check growerslights? It almost seems as if they have some sort of deal with hlg that they end up with majority of stock.

However it works best out for you is the path you should take. I know they can get spendy.

3 Likes

lol,if you order from arrow,get up from computer and walk outside…your order will be there! lol

2 Likes

That’s where I was looking grower lights I believe. So another question I know it is a kit, but is there anything else or extra that I may want to try and get along with the light kit?

1 Like

As far as the light functioning, I think they come with everything. Hangers, dimmer, cord, hardware, and even the fancy connectors.

The only modification I’ve seen to the kits is something used some real small eyebolts in place of the hangers that are included. Then he used ratchet hangers. But I would think that stuff would be found at local hardware store. And it’s not necessary to do, I believe was just a way to get light closer to ceiling.

You were looking at xw 260 kit correct? I can snoop around some.

2 Likes

Yeah the 260 for the 3x. I thought they came with everything, but I wasn’t sure if there were specific tools or hardware needed.

1 Like

I like the way you put this stuff out here for all of us. Open, honest assessments making buying a whole lot easier and I am eager to get myself into position to take you up on your recommendations!! Exciting stuff. Thanks @dbrn32

PS Diesel, I am watching and looking forward to this grow!! Thanks.

3 Likes