Diesel's Grapes of Wrath

We’ll play a game of catch up on this grow. We have a Grape Muerto autoflower. She is on day 34. She is in a 3 gallon cloth pot in promix. I use advanced nutrients ph perfect line. She was topped at the second node on the 13th day.
@Countryboyjvd1971 this is the other

7 Likes

So I’ve been looking into an automatic watering system. I’ve been looking at thw blumat system and another, but I can’t decide. Does anyone use the blumat or another system? I don’t go on vacations much and would just need it for less than 8 plants. Any input or advice is apriciated.

1 Like

Clearly familiar with forums you keep a quite organized track of all your plants :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s the only way for me to keep track of it all. I’ve been around here before. Took a break for a year and now I’m back at it. Thanks brother

2 Likes

@garrigan62 uses an automatic watering system… maybe he can show you what he uses? :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

@peachfuzz @Dieselgrower

@Screwauger uses Auto pots.

2 Likes

Thanks peach, I’ve seen it jist looking around.

Now I run rdwc … but I did create a self watering system for soil that my wife still uses for her garden outside… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks brother, I’ve looked into autopots, but I was looking more along the lines of a res and lines to run to the pots.

2 Likes

@Dieselgrower

I am finishing up my second grow using autopots.
These come in various forms and sizes but the central theme is the pots are fed continuously through from a gravity fed reservoir.

Mine is a 12 gallon reservoir (I use 2 one for each plant/pot) and other than the aggressive growth during stretch and just after, 12 gallons will cover one plant for at least 10 days, give or take depending upon other factors. Even during the stretch, 12 gallons would likely cover five to eight days or you can opt for larger reservoirs.

I am like you, my girlfriend had heard my stories of being tied to daily watering in the past and I have been able to travel and be generally hands off for watering purposes. I am a lazy gardener who wants the least amount of daily responsibility and these work for that need. I have not touched my tent in 2 days other than unzip and peek inside to be sure things are cooking along.

They are a bit tricky overall as for the feeding ppms (I keep burning my plants) therefore, requires some study to dial in a nute regiment that will suffice for growth without being too much.

Ask anything and good luck.

4 Likes

Hey @Dieselgrower

Might be semantics but you just described autopots. I have what looks like a kitchen trash can that is a 12 gallon reservoir and 1/4" tubing that gravity feeds liquid to 1-12+ pots using connectors, elbows etc to divert your lines to the available pots.

indmmex

or if you prefer
inccccdex

2 Likes

The thing is I’m not looking to repot my plants and I like the cloth pots. If that makes sense

You go with what you prefer Brother, I just wanted to clarify what an autopot was. Good luck!

FWIW I sow directly into 4 gallon pots, no repotting, no transplanting. Like I said, Lazy Gardener. Peace. Out.

1 Like

I aprriciate it brother. I don’t leave very much and I usually water every couple of days or so. I love getting down and dirty with the ladies. I’ve been looking at the blumat system or the type that @garrigan62 uses. Thanks for the info brother

1 Like

Day 36; she’s gettin taller now and shouldn’t get another blade until harvest, unless I clean up a stray bud site here or there. She finally broke above the pot so I guess that’s good haha

2 Likes

Day 39: she is gettin some verticle growth now and is shooting up now. She’s looking beautiful

1 Like

Day 41: today she got a few leaves and some lower stuff cleaned up and then a good watering. She looks great and can’t wait to see how she finishes.

2 Likes

So today I decided to train her a little and move her a little closer to the light.

1 Like

Just 6 hours later. Already straightend herself back out

1 Like

Is it my imagination or do the girls look much more vibrant and pretty feeding via hydro verses soil? Those are some great shot @Dieselgrower