Diesel's clone attempt

Here are 3 pineapple chunk clones I took off my flowering pc while I was cleaning her up. Fairly simple this is for s and g. I took some cups I had laying around and put the mix in there then soaked it then placed the cuttings right in there. Then put inside my small box with some cheap led’s.
@MattyBear @SmoknGranny @Covertgrower @BIGE

16 Likes

Looks good! Some folks cut the leaf tips to help reduce moisture loss (I think that’s the reason)

7 Likes

I support monster crop clones. As long as you spray them regularly you may not lose any leaves at all @GreenThunder @Dieselgrower. If you don’t have the clonex spray, mix up an extremely weak grow nutrient blend, and use as a foliage spray.

6 Likes

Kinda making this as baaic an simple as possible. They are going under 12 hours and we’ll see what they do. Eventually I want to try everything and do it all the right way

6 Likes

Woohoo moster cropping
Cant wait to see the girls grow @Dieselgrower

2 Likes

I’m watching @Dieselgrower - I need to get the hang of cloning ASAP! :herb::herb:

3 Likes

Your gonna love the results!

I’m a little curious as to why you are staying with 12/12 when you need them to reveg? It seems like a 14/10 or 16/8 would be a much better option.

5 Likes

I really took these because they wouldn’t make it above the canopy. When I finally try cloning out for real I plan to do it all by the book this is just more of a test run to see how I like cloning.

1 Like

I do recommend getting some kind of dome to hold humidity in and look around for a darker cup you can put the clear plastic cups in. Roots and light don’t mix

2 Likes

Yeah I need to get different cups, but this is all I had on hand.

I have seen a lot of people use those clear cups, they just put them inside say a red solo cup so they can pull clear cups out and check for roots. They also love heat and it will help speed up rooting process so if your budget allows I would get a heat mat you can grab one for 20

I’m by far no expert these are just solid tips I have been given by some who are

2 Likes

I’ll look into the heat mat for my real attemptnat cloming anf the red or solid color outside cup is a good idea I know light and roots don’t mix well. Just was a snap decision. It was make clones or toss them. :v:

2 Likes

I understand have been doing the same thing just like you. Once I added these my success rate went up exponentially

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ll add them to my bank of knowledge :+1::v:

Yep the way I figure it if 20 can get me 3 Xtra plants that I know are female why not lol… happy growing my friend

1 Like

The same to you as well my friend :v:

They looking good, better get them a a king size bed, they gonna out grow that one! LOL

2 Likes

Haha we’ll see if they make it before then haha :v:

I’m looking for a simple way to turn 5 gallon bucket and some sort of pump into a makeshit waterer so I’m not having to fill up a 16oz bottle over and over, which is what I’m currently doing. Does anyone habe any ideas? I was thinking I could have each plant have a hose that soaks or just lets water out around the base to soak to where I could turn on and let it soak then move to the next one. Something like that or am I thinking crazy?

1 Like

So I was thinking either 1/4 or 1/2" line from a submersible pump to some sort of sprayer or a drip end or take tubing and poke holes to allow it to soak around the plant.
@Countryboyjvd1971 @MattyBear @Hogmaster @WillyJ or anyone else who has an idea. Thanks my friends :v:

1 Like