Diesel's 2 plant DWC Scrog

Well for my next round I think I’m going to go with focusing on training and techniques. I’ll be using my 3x3 and the blumat watering system. I’m not sure on strains yet. Maybe black widow, gorilla glue, and maybe a selected regular bean I got from a good friend. I’ll have at least 2 female and with luck a 3rd.

2 Likes

Have you used the Blumat system before ? If so , how do you like it ? What kind of training techniques are you going to use ? I have 1 Blueberry and 1 OG Kush auto about half way done . I just dropped 1 Bubble Gum and 1 Jack Herer last night and plan on running some photos after those . OG Kush is the taller plant .

3 Likes

looks yummy

1 Like

Yes I’ve used them my last couple runs. I’m thinking of mainlining at least one and maybe just some hardcore lst and hst on the others. The blumats have done wonders and have saved my back and shoulder from hand watering.

2 Likes

I had great results with lst under a scrog screen . I might try the Blumat system so I don’t have to worry about them when take off to go on my hunting weekends . Bad backs I know about . I had surgery on lumbar 4 and 5 . Thanks

1 Like

Not a problem. There’s a thread I made about the blumat watering system. Check it out if you want to know a bit more about them

1 Like

Well after some deliberation I think I’ve got it narrowed down to the 3 strains that I want to run.

1. Sour Diesel fem
  2. Blue Pyramid fem
  3. Sapphire reg

I decided not to run an auto this time. I need to stock up on some autoflowering strains. I have a grape meurte and a blueberry left.

I’ll be soaking the seeds in a week or so. Still drying some of those last 2 autos and need to clean the room and tents out before I get back into the swing of it. Just enjoying a little down time. I for once don’t have a plant to take care of. It’s seemed that’s all I’ve done is take care if plants the last 2 years. One after the other haha

1 Like

Alright well I adjusted the plan and now it will be a 2 plant dwc scrog with my 5 gallon buckets. I soaked a blue pyramid and a sour diesel on the 19th of September for 48 hours then placed them in the rapid rooters. I placed them in a container with hydroton and a diluted mixture of water and liquid karam. They’ll stay in there until they get some good roots shooting out. The blue pyramid is the first to show, but the sour diesel is already showing a taproot so it shouldn’t be too much longer now.

1 Like

I’m watching . good luck .

1 Like

Well both are up and in their new homes. I can’t wait to watch these grow and fill the tent out

2 Likes

Well here they both are as if today. The sd is 1 day behind, but I suspect that it’ll even out when they enter veg and I’ll have them the same day.

Sour Diesel

Blue Pyramid

1 Like

Well here they are BP is on day 8 and the SD is on day 7. The BP is looking rough and the SD is coming along great. The SD has a good bunch of roots that are in the res. I noticed the BP put 1 little root down either yesterday or this morning. There is a small little guy dipping into the res.

1 Like

Well I believe I figured out what has been goin in with the BP. She hasn’t grown that much and looked a little funny, but seems to be coming out of it. Well one morning I noticed that it was quite humid and some dew had accumulated 9n both of then and I got it off, but I think it fried the little girl for a few days. She seems to be coming out if it slowly. The SD is coming along great and has a little of the same damage as the BP due to dew, but it didn’t hurt her like the other.

Sour Diesel day 11

Blue Pyramid day 12

1 Like

Well the bp is still acting funny, but she seems to be pressing on. I raised the light to about 10 to 12 inches and it’s still only about half power. I changed out the res yesterday. They both have their 3rd set and are working on their side nodes now. Won’t be long till they get topped and trained.

Sour Diesel

Blue Pyramid

I’m sorry you didn’t get a lot of help here. How’d they turn out?

I’d recommend adding at least another air stone into each bucket. I’m not sure one line will give you enough o2.

A fan lightly blowing on the stalks will help them grow thicker and strong VS skinny and weak. It should almost be as strong as if you’re gently blowing on a candle.

Happy growing!