Did she just go hermie on me?

Every grow is new. Pineapple haze, day 42 of flower, noticed these banana looking things popping up everywhere. They look like pollen sacks to me. Am I crazy, or has my little girl gone hermie? I’ve read these bananas don’t spread pollen, but also that they do. I want to pull the plant if there a likelihood of it pollinating my other plants. @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971

Buds were fattening up nicely.

Looks like she did to me just had it happen to mine but b4 u do anything else let’s wait for more people to confirm it

1 Like

You sure that’s not Banana Kush , that’s cool

1 Like

Oh, I think I know the answer. Specious Staminate Flowers

Some folks recommend just tweezing them off as they appear. I suppose I could keep her in the tent if that actually works.

I wonder if I can squeeze an almost 6’ plant into a 5’ tent…

Yup.

1 Like

I just found your pictures, I am into 8 week bloom and this morning I noticed little yellow growth coming out on top of a few buds. Did you find out if it went male or is it ok? Any info will be appreciated. Mine or smaller but look same.

The yellow protruding bits are “nanners”, or male parts. The whole plant went hermie in about 7-10 days. The buds ceased producing resin and began producing seeds. I let it run its course and collected the seeds. None of the buds were usable.

If you’re 8 weeks into flower, and your plant is doing this, I’d consider harvesting now.

Chances are you have a light leak, or stressed the plant through temp or humidity.

1 Like

Took your advice and harvested and was surprised that it produced pretty good smoke for a bag seed my daughter started. I hadn’t smoked in many years so I am probably not the best judge. She said it was seed from sour diesel weed that she had bought and kept the seeds. I started today of revamping my jacuzzi bathroom. With all the forum info I will be able to grow some of the Ilgm seeds that I bought last September. I bought the Patriot Package- Bubble Gum, Sour Diesel and AK-47, all feminized seeds. But I guess you still have to worry if it is female or male the whole time. I got about a dozen good looking seeds from the harvest. Might just throw them out in my rocky pasture and see what comes up. Thanks again for your advice and time.