Did not produce near what was advertised!

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“My seeds popped and I planted them as instructed but the plants died within days. I’m using low watt (600) MH lights and I’m using ocean blend fox farm soil. Lost about 5 of the White Widow, 6 of the Super Silver Haze. Some of the seeds were tiny. This is the second cycle of order I made and we’ve been growing about 2 years inside. This is really the first issue we’ve had except Gold Leaf, did not produce near what was advertised.”

• Strain (type, bag seed): northern lights, white widow, super silver haze
  • Soil in pots, hydroponic, or coco?: soil in peat cups
  • PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?: 6.2 ph
  • What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: seedling/week 1 from fox farm dirty dozen
  • Indoor or outdoor: indoor
  • Light system, size?: ipower 600 watt set on low
  • Temps day, night: lo 70, hi 77
  • Humidity day, night 68 to 75
  • Ventilation system (yes/no, size): window ac, oscilating fans
  • AC, humidifier, de-humidifier?: yes, yes, yes
  • Co2 (yes/no): no
  • room size is 12x12

So which is it? Peat cups or FF? Also, what is your watering regime? Do you have pictures?

1 Like

Also I would add , when was the last time you replaced your bulbs and how old are they…? :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’m with the boys here but will help if possible
I grown all the strain mentioned except for the northern lights and I used ffof with them
I’m thinking they started in peat pods and then transfer into the ffof @Myfriendis410
With that many seedling dieing
I’m leaning towards over watering or under watering
Pictures may help us help you
So you water or mist the sprouts ?
Good point on the bulbs @peachfuzz :+1:
I’ll ask this as well room temps for sprout are you using a propagation tray ? Or just domes

6 Likes

I agree with everyone else.

Plus; a 600 watt mh bulb for 12x12 room? On low? I have no experience with ipower lights, but even the high end 600’s are going to be 4’x4’ max. And using mh bulb all the way through will definitely lack bud development.

You could easily blame low yield on lights, not to mention the other stuff.

5 Likes

Got to go along with everyone. Unfortunately probably operator error. Without pics & knowing if you already used nutes to early or over or underwatering, just dont know. Ive grown four different strains from ilgm successfully & never been happier. Sorry youre not having same.

5 Likes

Sounds to me like OP used peat pots, not the peat pellets. Filled them with FF of some kind, probably with nutrients and they OD’d on fertilizer. Might have overwatered them ,too. Without pics we’ll probably never know.

I could be wrong, of course.

3 Likes

As far as seeds being tiny,all of mine are that way.They have all grown to be big plants!No problems at all.