Did my first PPM

Good morning! I did my first measurment of PPM. I measured 726 PPM for my solution of distilled water and nutes (AN pH perfect bloom/grow/micro & calmag). I measured runoff at 978 PPM. Is that correct?? My tray underneath was a bit dirty so after I measured I rinsed out all of the dirt film. Still waiting for my pH meter to come in since the first one wouldn’t calibrate and customer service sent me a new one so no clue what I’m pH’d at this morning. Thoughts? Comments? Laments?

3 Likes

Need a little more info Grow Bro, pics, age, medium using and PH is critical :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Yes on having more info. Without the info, I’d assume the higher run off is from the ppm of the soil with the 726 ppm you added to it.

@Bubbagump211 @OGIncognito

Setup:
GG4 cloned 12/15/21
HLG Diablo 300 at 70% intensity
2x4x5 tent running 2 small fans 24/7
Temp: 74-80°F
RH: 52-56% with humidifier
Medium:FF Happy frog soil in 3gal plastic
Nutrient Line: Advanced Nutrients pH perfect micro, bloom, and grow (5ml with 2L water every 3rd watering) and FF CalMag (3ml with 2L water every 4th watering).

3 Likes

Also if it matters, I flipped her to flower yesterday morning.

Looking good! Nice and healthy! Everything looks dialed in :love_you_gesture:

I turned my light up a bit the day I flipped her but bright it up 2". Is there a time I should be dialing it back down to mimic autumn?

1 Like

I will usually bump up my intensity a little when I flip to flower. If I’m not mistaken it’s really the time change (12/12) that mimics the change in season and you leave your intensity where it’s at as long as you’re not getting any light burn.

1 Like

If you don’t have a light meter. There is an app called “photone” that I use on my phone that I like. Good luck with your grow. :+1:t3::v:t3::love_you_gesture:t3:This is a good guideline from the guys at Mars Hydro:

Under normal home-scale operations, cannabis typically needs a PPFD of between 100 - 300 μmol/m2/s during the seedling, 400 - 600 μmol/m2/s during vegetation, and 800 - 1,000 μmol/m2/s during flowering.

These are the basic required food photons to grow a healthy and strong weed.

While many growers assume that the higher the PPFD, the higher the yields. However, more PPFD doesn’t always mean “more pot.” In fact, every plant has a “saturation point” where the benefits of PPFD gradually diminish. Too much light at certain phases of growth could increase the risk of issues like the light burn, nutrient burn, or water deprivation.

1 Like

Without a meter or way to check your DLI, set it at 18-24” and keep your 70% for a day and see how they are responding. Look for clawing or curling leaves as a sign of too much heat/intensity :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@OGIncognito @KnUcKLzBcHuBBy of it weren’t a federal crime I’d send you some of my harvest for all your help!

I got the photone app and I was only at 558. I bumped it up and took a reading with my phone barely touching the canopy and got 918. She seems to be ultra thirsty since flipping so I’ll keep an eye on watering, maybe switch to every other day instead of every 2-3 days.

Also @OGIncognito the plastic clone cup thingys are here :dancer: there are at three great clones I’m going to take tomorrow. Forgive me but can you recap any issues I might have with cloning a flowering girl? Fortunately the clones received barely anyways because they’re tucked away under the spread of the canopy. Going to put them in a different room under my Mars Hydro 300 to get them started on a 18-6.

Side note: this basic plastic SCROG net is trash. Once I harvest I’m springing for a stretchy rope type.

2 Likes

You should ok to clone with just flipp’n the light a few days ago, usually takes a week of better to see those gorgeous white hairs. I would set my lighting DLI to around 45-50 seeing as you flipped the light. Flowering DLI is usually around 60 for me, some strains like to be blasted with light and some don’t. For the small net cups, did you get the cloner tub and bubble pump as well? I use sponge plugs and trim them to fit and push my clone stem through so the bottom is about an inch or so below the cup. I fill the tub with clonex and water with a PH of 5.6. The stems of the clones are barely touching the nutrient mix and turn the bubble pump on. The solution I keep around 78-80 degrees, I continually mist the leaves to feed until they sprout roots. Temps at 78-80 with an RH of 70 seems to work for me. Once I see roots growing I raise the clone a little above the water line. Hope that helps a little :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Decided to turn the brightness back down a bit tonite. From 980 to 787 PAR. She did NOT like that extra sun. I even had adjusted the light up about 2" but she still looks stressed.

I just gave her 2L water with half strength nutes. Calmag yesterday. I came back down to about 75% brightness and dropped the lights back down about 3". Hopefully that will be a nice balance between growing slow as molasses but not stressed out and overheated. Added a 3rd fan to bring it down from 83°. May need a dehumidifier because gulf coast weather even in Feb is humid AF. :wind_face:

2 Likes

Good call, I’ve been lucky this winter with keeping a decent RH in the closet and tents with the RH from 22% to 70% in my lung room (garage). No humidifier or dehumidifier running for the last month :love_you_gesture:

Yeah man, definitely invest in a good dehumidifier. I’m on the Gulf Coast too and with summer coming, humidity is always an issue.

1 Like