Did I just go and overwater this?!

Crap… 3 hours after it was looking like it needed water, I watered but think I jumped the gun and rewatered when it didn’t need it. It’s drooping even more Ugh! I forgot to feel how heavy the pot was.

I guess nothing I can do but wait a week or so until pot is dry?

3 Likes

Yes you overwatered, just let it dry out really well. It will take a little time but should bounce back.
If possible temporarily lower your humidity and raise your temps. A dehumidifier will accomplish both of these if placed in your room.

6 Likes

I’m such a sap.

I knew it was 7 days in between the last watering… why would I go and think only 4 days would be okay now without checking the weight?

4 Likes

Lol…I’ve been growing for 15 yrs and just overwatered a few plants on my current grow. Got a little to smoked up and after transplanting into bigger pots I soaked the soil. Funny thing was I knew right away what I had done.

6 Likes

I got the XLUX Soil Tester Meter 3-in-1 Test Kit on amazon for like 12 bucks. It has helped me get the weight thing worked out by double checking with it. Im sure there are better things out there but this seemed to help me.

2 Likes

Should spring back up in a day. Some of mine like to do this when I water.

7 Likes

Ok well that’s encouraging…

1 Like

Direct a fan towards it, helps dry em

1 Like

She looks strong enough to bounce back.

2 Likes

I did direct a fan onto it

Over watering is a result of the frequency of watering, not how much you pour in.

7 Likes

Let me expand. As long as you are waiting until your soil is dry before watering you are fine. Stick your MIDDLE finger in the top of the medium. Go to your first knuckle. If it’s DRY, not damp, not MOIST. But dry. Water again. Water until you have 20% run off.

I start doing this once I have a set of 5 fingered leaves. I get NO droop anymore. The only time I do is when I’m late for a watering/feeding.

7 Likes

Don’t feel bad. I am still a newbie and even though I receive such bomb advice here I always overwater any clone I take off my plants!

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with experimenting! Now you know it doesn’t work. Lmao

3 Likes

Dont be so hard on ya self bro everyone makes the same mistake Just let it dry dont water it for a week after the week check to see how heavy the pot is and if its still heavy let it go for another week and then see

3 Likes

When you first start out your going to want to be involved in your grows so much cause its fun and exciting and that tends to produce over doing things a bit we all go through this. A good mantra is less is more. Gardening in general is kind of a slow chill process not much constant work unless you got a huge garden to maintain. Anyways i think its better to fuck up alot it will force you to learn more and be better. growing weed or anything for that matter isnt easy its a skill set that has to be developed like anything else. Dont be afraid to be rough with your plants either top em supercropem lst them crimp them bend them. Dont treat your plant like its a baby or some kind of precious jewel its a fucking plant if shit goes sour guess what you start another grow next week and you learn from your past mistakes and the grows that go amazing you remember what you did right and look for ways to keep improveing.

6 Likes

Hey fellow Virginia Growmie!!

Well, if that ain’t one mad, wet hen! :rofl:

She looks super healthy otherwise so she’ll be fine in a few days. Sounds like you already made some mental notes for next time so you’ll be good.
She’ll probably reward you soon enough by giving you an explosion of growth too!

Keep up the good work man!
From what I see around the forums Virginia is for GROWERS!!

HGE!!

4 Likes

Weird update: 24 hours later it is not drooping at all …and in fact looks better than just before watering. What is going on?!

2 Likes

You all were right. It fully recovered in 2 days.

7 Likes

What would you buy for a small dehumidifier for a small tent. I think i need one I have a damp damp cool basement for my tent.