Did I do the FIM correctly

Guys take a look at the pics and let me know it I did this correctly. Thanks!

2 Likes

Its a FIM you and I wont know till it grows if you mastered it or not
Nice plant GG #4?

3 Likes

Thanks. Nope, they are Northern Lights Photos and are 22 days old. Thanks for the compliment. It’s my very first grow ever.

2 Likes

I maybe would have cut just a-lil lower. but howd she turn out?

1 Like

I literally took the pic immediately after fimming it.

1 Like

Should I go back in and cut it shorter

NA your good. you never know. both these plants on the right were FIMed 8 or more places each

Heres the plant from the right side back 3 weeks later

1 Like

Sweet. I actually did trim them slightly shorter. Worst case, I topped them lmao

1 Like

If you do top them leave some of the stem" I cut mine flush and had 2 plants try and split in half on me " had to tie the stem up"

Wow. I think the FIM went well. Plants are super perky this morning.

1 Like

Looking good and I agree you never know until it grows a bit then youll know if fim took
I tend to top myself
Nice job :+1:

1 Like

Thanks :blush: I really enjoy this forum. I would actually hand out with you guys in real life!!

3 Likes

I think I nailed it! Plants look better than ever

4 Likes

It looks like you did a good job cutting, here is a drawing showing you the best spot to FIM or top
760becef44a54b6ddd55e262e12543f0f5fc9582_1_666x500

4 Likes

looks like the tops are healing well and new baby sprouts are getting bigger at the nodes. Also got a box of goodies from amazon today that had my 5 gallon fabric pots, jewelers loupe, cal/mag, pH test probe and pH buffer liquids. I think I’m set now for a while lol. Well until i buy another HLG light.

2 Likes

Looking good bud!!!

2 Likes

A FIM is like a box of chocolates

3 Likes

Exactly lmao @boardsbird
But when correctly done it works great

1 Like

Here’s my attempt today. How did I do?