Did Gold Leaf Clones Mutate?

I cut these clones from my Bergman’s Gold Leaf which was one week into 12/12 flowering (a spur of the moment decision). They rooted nicely in there solo cups so I transplanted to larger pots. But since then, they seem to growing fan leaf with only three leafs. Mother plant does show the same characteristics, perfect five leaf fans. Is this genetics or something else?

4 Likes

It happens sometimes when you reveg a plant. Stress causes it.
It will start producing normal leaves once it gets a little older.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick response @Spiney_norman. I was hoping that was the answer, never had clones do this before. I thought I might end up with something like hemp LOL.

1 Like

Those are monster crop clones and generally everywhere there was a pistol the plant will shoot out new growth. The plants will be some big, and bushy plants congrats! Does take some time for the plant to totally reveg and start producing regular leaves.

4 Likes

Growth definitely funky on them

3 Likes

Hello there @dunnitagain

Nice looking clone you have but I think you should transplant into a bigger pot so she can spread and grow. Just my opinon my friend.

B Safe

3 Likes

They are kind of bushy @Midwestnewbie didn’t start out that way until I transplanted to a larger pot.

1 Like

I know right @dbrn32! That’s why I thought they mutated.

@garrigan62 Yes they are going to their permanent home tonight 5 gal fabric pots.

3 Likes