Diagnosis please

Can someone help me with a diagnosis on this plant? I’ve only used alfalfa meal and earthworm castings for the first two months. It was in a 5gallon bucket up until 3 days ago. It started yellowing and I noticed the roots had outgrown the bucket, hence the transplant. Used cal mag yesterday but still no change. In fact the yellowing on the bottom has turned into spotting on the upper leaves now. At first I thought maybe I used too much alfalfa meal but since the transplant, I haven’t used ANYTHING. Anyone have an opinion?

1 Like

2 Likes

Wait a couple days to see if the calmag does anything.
You might have to feed with something a bit stronger. Are you using amended soil?

Yes.

1 Like

After 2 months I would suspect you would need to start using some kind of organic nutrients to feed with, or top dress with something a bit stronger.

1 Like

That plant looks hungry. Whether from a lockout or consumed it’s nutes, only a slurry test will tell. Have you been feeding this plant? When you water, do you use 6.5 PH as your target?

2 Likes

Was only feeding with earthworm castings and alfalfa meal. Topdressing with it.

1 Like

Never used nutes. Could it get lockout from alfalfa meal?

My water is always at 6.5 @Myfriendis410

1 Like

I topdressed only once though. That was almost a month ago. I used 8 tablespoons alfalfa meal and a cup of earthworm castings. It doesn’t give instructions on the alfalfa meal on how often to use it. So I figured it would be a one time deal. I have some Peters 20-20-20 and some Better Gro 20-14-13. Should I use one of those or maybe another large dose of alfalfa and castings?

1 Like

I have a tds meter. How do I do a slurry test? @Aolelon

Also it should be noted that when I transplanted a couple days ago, I placed the whole root ball and soil into about a 10 gal grow hole. Added an additional 5gal of fresh soil. It was the same soil I used in the bucket but fresh out of the bag.

Funny, I just seen this same plant, same question in a new thread that had popped up in the new category. Had I known you already had a thread asking the same thing, I wouldn’t have answered. This is the shit I’m talking about people, you already have a thread going, keep your questions there instead of asking again and again…

Sorry @HornHead , kinda new. Wasn’t getting any responses so I thought this thread may have fallen by the wayside. Won’t happen again. Just don’t wanna lose my plant. Only one I got for this growing season.

3 Likes

Hey drillbit don’t sweat the double post too much, I can tell you sometimes it takes a cpl days to get several responses, I’ve found it beneficial to find some growers with several years and grows under there belt to follow along your grow and then you can tag them to your immediate situations for a quicker response, also you can search your problems on here and see post of the exact same problems from past grow which might answer your question,I also find alot of help on YouTube vids.
Good luck and keep growing happy.
@HornHead…won’t you smoke a bowl and learn some people skills.

4 Likes

Thanks @Randy1966

Apparently I’m supposed to keep all my questions under one category as well so I’ll just keep them in the beginner category and post to my first thread. Growit wasn’t happy that I started a thread in a different category. I was under the impression that if a question fell in a certain category, then you had to choose that category. I guess they getting tired of seeing my questions in different categories. I’m an easy person, I will oblige. Lol. Just have so many questions about so many different things. I’ve learned so much on this forum! Love it. Trying not to piss people off. Thanks everyone, sorry if I’m asking too many questions.

4 Likes

I’m not complaining but the rules at the top do state “create a topic to ask your question”. Lol

3 Likes

@Drillbit wasn’t trying to be an ass. Sorry buddy. Listen, start you a grow journal, and then when you need some help or have questions put an @HornHead in front of someone’s name. Here’s some good people. @Growit @raustin @Countryboyjvd1971 @blackthumbbetty we’ll help you out. And you have to give us some time. A lot of us live in different time zones, have jobs and families. I know my ole lady gets on me about being on here all the time. And if you have a question, go to the magnifying glass, type your question and you’re gonna get 50 different results on the same problem. Also you gotta do is read those, you’ll find out. I see people asking about led lights all the time and I’m sure @dbrn32 is getting tired of answering the same question every couple days. And your grow looks good man, don’t sweat it. I have two I have outside also, I’m pretty much letting mother nature do her thing. Anyways, I’m stoned outta my mind, I did a couple bong rips of my white widow kief. Welcome to the forum

4 Likes

Thanks @HornHead. Bookmarked this post so I’ll know who to tag.

2 Likes