Diablo Scorpion in 4x4 tent?

I am new to growing and doing a lot of research to build my equipment list to start growing as a hobby once I retire later this year. Looking at a 4x4 grow tent but curious if the Scorpion Diablo is too much light for a 4x4? Cost isn’t an issue just looking at what the best light to grow some amazing medicinal bud for myself.

Open to any other recommendations as well, for other equipment that is required if you were to build your dream grow tent setup. I am looking to do RDWC hydro to start out.

4 Likes

Nah dude - It’s got a dimmer so it’s easy enough to adjust you light intensity or DLI is what the norm is now and days.
I say go for it!!
It’s future proof in case you decided to upgrade to a 5x5 tent!
If your starting point is the Diablo, then you’ll be good on the rest of your choices, I’m sure!

Best of Luck!

6 Likes

Im with that guy above me! If you can, DO IT!!! You wont regret it… i mean maybe in 6 months when youre trimming a mini forest, but those are first world pot farmer problems.

Get it!

7 Likes

Plus, the fixture is most efficient run at about 75% of max output and you are putting less load on the LED’s so life ought to be good too.

2 Likes

Bigger tent, and 2 diablos

4 Likes

Today is the last day of the HLG holiday special .save almost 200.00 if you buy it today.

2 Likes

Great points on the dimmer and being future proof.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I will head over and check it out.

1 Like

Click on the options to pay for the discount price.

1 Like

lol @ “first world pot farmer problems”, but I am fine with the mini forest if it keeps me occupied and relaxed in retirement.

3 Likes

Amen to that brother!!

Thanks again. I got her ordered!

4 Likes

Dont forget to let us know when it arrives and feel free to brag with pics of the new ‘sun’ for the ladies. :wink:

3 Likes

The HLG 260XL Rspec is on sale for $314 today. Couple that with a coupon code and you have a fabulous deal. Two of them would be great for a 4x4.

2 Likes

She is a beast at a great price .she makes a great retirement present.Happy Growing.

1 Like

Hey Dirty… Out of likes… I have one on the way for my 4x4… The say you can run closer to the canopy. Also like it has been mentioned it has a dimmer.

2 Likes

Sorry it has taken me sooo long to post pics and update this post.

Dense foliage is correct running the SDiablo at 30% on 18/12 and these girls are only 10 days in veg. Using Jacks 321 also.

3 Likes