Detroit Cannabis Cup

I just bought my tickets for the Detroit Cannabis Cup. It’s going to be my first time at one of these events and was wondering if some of you experienced cup attendees could let me know what to expect?

1 Like

Lots and lots of weed!!!

1 Like

@SilentHippie when is the dates sounds like a great weekend trip. I’ve always wanted to do something like that myself.

1 Like

August 17 &18. I’m hoping to see plenty of vendors and breeders. Hopefully come across that unique strain.

3 Likes

I agree I think the vendors could possibly be set up with the latest and greatest technology as far as lights and maybe even have a show special going on. I hope you have a good time.

1 Like

For anyone who was watching this thread, we took our adventure to Detroit this weekend.

My takeaway is this:

First off, the lines. We waited in line for 2 hours and 45 minutes just to get in. With recreational legal in Michigan there was plenty of smoke to keep us occupied.

The vendor tents were crammed together to make room for the stage and concert area so as more and more people came in, the vendor area got more and more congested.

I was a little disappointed in the lack of variety from the vendor selection. Don’t get me wrong, there was lots of weed! Every booth was selling. I just expected more cultivation oriented tents and more seed distributors. I did score 3 Gorilla Glue #4 seeds but most were either selling bud or clones. The prices of clones ranged anywhere from $10 all the way up to $100.

They had about 8 food trucks in there and with all the people the lines for food were long also.

The venue itself was cool. The event was held in an industrial venue that kinda hid all the activity as you were in amongst the old factories on Clay St.

All in all, we had a good time and have a checkmark on the bucket list but for us, we’re probably not attending again. For someone trying to score weed, this is great. For someone like me that doesn’t need to buy, this isn’t my scene. I’ll be looking for an event geared more towards cultivators.

4 Likes

Were there any vendors set up with the latest and greatest lighting exhaust fans stuff like that. I know if I was in that market of sales would have been a great place for exposure.

1 Like

I saw one good sized equipment vendor (whose name escapes me) and it was pretty packed.

1 Like

CannaCon is more for cultivators. They have seminars and most of their vendors are geared toward growing. I went to one in Oklahoma City this year. It was good and tickets were $35 I believe.

1 Like

That sounds more like what I was expecting from this event. Don’t get me wrong, we had a good time in Detroit, just not what we were anticipating. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a CannaCon close to me. :sunglasses::v:

1 Like