Desperate Beginner

I ordered the beginner package - 20 White Widow feminized seeds and some nutrients. I planted 4 seeds. Hopefully you’ll be able to see the pictures because the empty pot had 2 seeds. I planted all 4 at same time but one didn’t sprout so planted another and another non-sprouting seed. The one to the right seems to be some kind of dwarf. I was hoping to get advice on that one as well.

The 2 that I had to support look sick. They stood tall in the beginning about a week ago and came home after work and they were laying down! I freaked out. That’s when I thought and realized I was missing air flow so I’ve put a fan in there now, but they are extremely weak. I used a miracle grow “performer mix” container mix. I’ll insert a picture of the bag as soon as I know this post goes though because this is my first post. Please help

3 Likes

Cool! My post went through! As promised there’s a picture of the soil I purchased. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Seedlings don’t need nutrients at all for the first couple of weeks, and Miracle Grow is loaded with nutrients. I expect you have nute (nutrient) burn.

You need to get those girls out of the Miracle Grow. Fox Farm Happy Frog is a good soil to start with since it isn’t too hot (hot = loaded with nutrients.)

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

As @MidwestGuy recommended it would be best get them out of the MG soil. The time release nutrients in the mix can really mess with the plant later in its growth. I believe the wonky leaves are from the nutrients in the soil and the stretch you are seeing is a result of the plant looking for more light.

If you trans plant them into new soil you could bury a lot of the stem and fix two issues at once. The fan will definitely help.

4 Likes

I like that idea! I too bury my plants all the way down to the first node bearing leaves with each transplanting.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Everyone is great here and will give you the best possible advice! Hoping your girls flourish! Look forward to watching! :v:

1 Like

Alright! Really appreciate the prompt advice! As soon as I read FixerPower’s response, I went out and got some soil. I’ve now buried the stem as BubbleHead suggested. Thanks. Thanks a lot!

I hope to see a difference soon. Do y’all think the dwarf one will start growing correct?

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll take some more photos so y’all can see the product of everyone’s advice and support.

2 Likes

Two of them look like they will be fine. They all might work out okay. The little buggers are very resilient. It will take several days. Once you start seeing new growth you’ll be out of the woods.

2 Likes

Very cool! My start was looking bad, but I’m feeling a lot different now. I’ll definitely let you see in a week or so. I’m thinking about putting a couple more seeds in. I wanted 2 for me and 2 for her.

3 Likes

Next time you can lower the lights about 24” to keep the stretch down. Just keep the light dimmed a bit, and adjust accordingly if needed to keep the stretch down. @Bath-Tub-Pot happy growing.

2 Likes

My first grow went almost the same way. Lower the lights for sure. I grow in coco so I no advice there. Everyone here is super helpful and will put you on track. Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Well here are the results. It looks like to me, one is bouncing back great and the other not so good. You tell me.

3 Likes

And this is what I transplanted with…

Couldn’t find the happy frog soil without ordering and I needed it right away so it didn’t seem that this black gold hardly had anything. I hope it was good choice.

Better this than miracle grow with added nutrients that are uncontrollably released.

1 Like

Thanks for looking out covertgrower

1 Like

I meant ask you your opinion on the growth progress. The one looks like it’s doing really good. The other still looks sick, do you think it will pull through? I see differences like it’s still growing.