Despair help me

after seven months of love my plant has started to mold, I think, on the buds … all of them … I still have about 20/25 days to reach the harvest … what can I do ??? are there any natural products to stop this tragedy ??? I am desperate … help me

2 Likes

the first photo is a mistake do not look at it

@haze1968. That’s not mold. Looks like natural purple colouring.:+1:
What strain is it ?
:v:

3 Likes

White widow…

1 Like

Yea it does look like just a cold weather inspired spurt of purple in your bud. Generally, healthy plants with non-damaged flowers, don’t randomly mold. If you didn’t just experience some sort of elongated water event (4+ days of rain) followed by warm-ish weather + very little direct sunlight, then I wouldn’t think your buds would just start molding. Is your plant covered with PM? Are your buds being masticated by caterpillars that are leaving a trail of poop and dead plant material? Do you currently have a fungal issue in your growing medium? When you touch the “molded” part, does it break away and feel soft and crumbly? If it’s still attached to the plant, and firm, but just dark colored, then fear not my friend, you just have some purple tinted flowers and maybe a mislabeled white widow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@haze1968. I’ve seen white widow purple up if the temps happened to drop for a few days.
Usually into the low to mid 60’s will trigger it.
Good looking plant by the way.
:v:

Nice-looking buds natural color . I see no bud rot you still have several weeks to go. Keep taking care of them like those buds fatten up there going to be real pretty.

3 Likes

thanks guys I already feel better … here it rained one day in 4 months, the only thing is that the weather has changed and at night there is a lot of humidity the plant gets the sun from dawn until 5 pm … the soil is ok … no mold or weird stuff … I took the seed from queen seed … which they tell me is not the best seed bank … . I hope they are wrong … looking with the magnifying glass the leaves of different colors are still full of trichomes … the only thing that comes to mind is the product I gave to lower the ph. …

1 Like

now I try to take a picture with the lens … then place

Here’s one of mine this year. A few nights in the 40’s caused it. However, it’s not ideal so early in flower. Those low temps put a severe restriction on the uptake of magnesium. Which is why the rest of this plant looks sketchy. What’s the bottom of your plant look like, got a lot of yellow leaves? I’m trying to limp it along to completion, but I might cut it down if wpm shows back up. Still have 6 healthy plants…

1 Like

It looks to me you are only about 3 weeks into flower
All my widows take at least 10 weeks to finish up so I think you have some time before they are ready✌️

2 Likes

1 Like

Nice pics! Just keep your buds dry, and caterpillar free and your in the clear! If you wanna see a little bit faster growth, add vermiculite, pumice, perlite, and lots of coco-coir to your soil. The faster your medium dries, the faster your plant operates, the less chance you get of diseases, the more oxygen it gets, etc.

If you have any questions at all about any part of your grow, or some helpful tips to keep your plants happy/safe outside, feel free to ask.

Here is how some of mine look so far-

3 Likes

wow your plants are wonderful … I would like to see them live what a show … do you think I have to cover it so as not to let them take the night dew ??? I take this opportunity and ask you another question … I usually fertilize with NPK 20 20 20 with microelements during the vegetative phase … do you think that it has this level of maturation can begin to give only NPK 0 32 54 ?? ? or is it better to alternate the two fertilizers once one after the other ??? thank you

You want a little N in flower but not a lot. I would say like 3-5 worth definitely not 20.

Srry for the lag in my response, I just joined this forum so I had to wait to post again!

So I wouldn’t cover your plant, I would imagine that that would increase the humidity. Dew on plants is totally cool as long as your plant is healthy, and will see sunlight eventually to dry out. Maybe just shake the base or use a leaf blower to get any excess water off your buds if it doesn’t seem to be drying out by 10am.

Nutrient wise, your plant wants nitrogen primarily during veg, and still utilizes it during flowering. If you remove the nitrogen entirely, most likely you will see some yellowing during the first 3 weeks of transition, and then again during the last 3. While some strains will yellow off and eat some of there own leaves in peak flowering, not all are supposed to. You can keep your plant looking healthy green with barely any yellowing whatsoever for a majority of its life. If you don’t usually use both, start with a reduced strength then gradually increase it until you begin to see your leaf tips barely go brown and curl up… this is your ceiling for feeding.

I couldn’t help but notice your soil, and based on what I think I saw of your soil, I can make some drastic improvements which will make your quality/health/yield/size significantly greater. I would add vermiculite, perlite, pumice, mycorrhizae, diatomaceous earth, cal phos powder, kelp meal, worm castings, glacial rock dust, gypsum, feather meal, fish meal, and fish bone meal. Then add enough coco coir until it is 60% of your soil volume. I can give you the amounts if you are interested. If you make your soil like that, you can use the leftover amendments to brew tea (just add molasses for mineralization).

Here is a decent blue dream I have this year

3 Likes

I live in the north east kingdom in Vermont and I don’t harvest white widow until October. Usually I end up covering them if we have a big frost.

2 Likes

hi ThirtyThree if you want to give me the proportions for the soil next year I will prepare it … the plant at 10 is completely dry … so I would say that it is okay … in my country with a big plant so you do 6 years in jail hahahahahh …

@haze1968 The soil proportions are listed on the thread “ancient wiseman soil recipe”

1 Like