Design Input for a First Timer

Thank you for the tips!

2 Likes

How it turned out:

4 Likes

That looks great to me! I wish I had your space.

1 Like

Nice! did you go with the cloudline exhaust system?

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, I went with a AC Infinity Cloudline 6" fan for input, and an 8" for exhaust. The exhaust line enters through a GHydro carbon filter and then there’s a Vivosun noise reducer after the fan.

1 Like

That 8" is a beast right. Probably perfect for your set up though. I’m in 4x8 Golgi apparatus and I have it on 1 and the 6" intake on 5 and it still overpowers it.

1 Like

No kidding, that 8" is a crazy beast! The negative pressure in the room is intense enough that I have to work to get the door open.

I need help with trying to grow inside I don’t know what all materials I need to get started

1 Like

Happy to help however I can. There’s a lot of up front questions: how much space are you going to have available; how much are you trying to grow; are you focused on quality, quantity, or budget; what’s the budget, etc. If you’re just getting started I highly recommend the Marijuana Growers Handbook, it’s the best single source I’ve come across. It’s a bit out of date regarding lights (LEDs are awesome and almost certainly what you want) but otherwise great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0932551467?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

1 Like

Do u have a light u recommend I have a 2foot by 8 foot closet I can start in

About 8 feet

Is the space 2’ deep by 8’ wide? How tall is it?

That room looks amazing. I just got the go ahead on a 5x11 room, so I will be working on that for the next few weeks.
What lights did you go with? @T-Minus420

1 Like

I went with 3 Black Dog 200 LEDs on a LightRail 3.5 mover. It was a pricier than average rig but the mover saved me the cost of another light and will give a better footprint while eliminating hotspots. I liked the BD lights in particular for:

• Their PAR spectrum, which makes their light MUCH cooler than average and causes BD to advise me to run my room at 85F - which will save me a ton on cooling since I live in a hot area.

• That they were a well reviewed company back when I first started researching back in '11 and were still around and well reviewed when I finally got back to it this year.

• Their build quality, the heat sinks and fans on these lights are great.

Black Dog’s pricing is competitive on their lights btw, but I advise getting the mover from elsewhere.

1 Like

Very nice!
I am a bit financial limited as of late, possibly due to some craptastical virus, and while I really want HLG, I am thinking of going the cheaper route and getting a geeklight from alibaba. They say they use the same board as HLG, and has UVB and IR. Not to mention, 2-240 watt lights from a geek light would be about $320 shipped, I could get 1 HLG for that.
My plan is when I get back on my feet financially, use the geek lights as suplimental lights, and the HLG lights as my main lights.

1 Like

Thanks! The average pro I read would probably say to wait and save up for the better lights, but at the same time if you want to get growing sooner on a budget you gotta do what you gotta do! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@T-Minus420 I know myself well enough once I start something, I cannot stop until it’s done. Already got the cannabis growing bug, and started with a blurple, I am sure the alibaba lights are at
Minimum better
Than the Amazon blurple. I don’t expect HLG quality for the alibaba price, but I got this new room, it can’t just sit there waiting. (Well, I cant at least)

2 Likes

It’s about 8 ft tall also

About 8ft tall

What’s your budget for lights?