Descriptions of Strains Can we be Real?

Thanks and I plan on getting a decent vaporizer once my grow is finished I will report on it for sure.

2 Likes

30+ yeats ago we were smokin weed grown in cow shit and whatever dirt was in the ground! Things aren’t like that much anymore. Either we’re old or all the weed in world changed. Probably both.

3 Likes

Both as far I’m concerned…I am old and because of hybrids…weed has changed dramatically from the good Mexican weed I was smoking in 1977 in Dallas to the 25% Blue Cheese I am vaping at the moment

1 Like

:sweat_smile: '77 was the first year i smoked!

1 Like

Definitely both @Thatbaldguy. I got to thinking and had to edit. I was thinking 70s-80s so more like 40 years ago. And ya we had some Mexican shit weed, and something called Whahaken, even more ditch weedy than the Mexican. We also had Alcupolco Gold, Red Bud from N. Cal and Some stuff supposedly from Hawaii. And I cant forget Thai stick, the buds weren’t plump like the Hawaiian and Red Bud, but the smell and high was different.

There was a time during this transformation where I would smoke maybe a handful of times a year from about 1990-2010, but I had buddies and such who were always telling me about the advances in strains, now I just want something I know how it will affect me. Don’t need to get so high I’m paranoid or cant move.

4 Likes

Queen and Thin Lizzie concert in Dallas…first joint. Put me to sleep for a while. We got the good Mexican dope in Dallas

2 Likes

Im the same way. Only smoke at night nothing like Seattle Purple Bud that put my dick in the dirt back in the early 80’s.

1 Like

Only smoke to relax and get me where im going!

1 Like

I tend to lean toward the hype side. Piney, citrusy, skunky, OK I can get with those generalizations, but sales hype is not limited to taste and aroma. When they are well known to BS in terms of harvest times, you get the red flags about the rest of the BS.
Hey @Thatbaldguy Waldorf Red cake is my absolute fav. I have to have one every Dec,18. No I don’t eat the entire thing…but I want to. I wonder if they still make it? My wife does!

2 Likes

This is what I am after.
I can re-watch movies and catch subtle jokes I totally missed when I vape a bit.
Here is an example. I complely missed the reference to the joke about a tree falling in the forest in this Dr. Who scene. If an event happens with no witnesses does it really happen? Only Bill Baily can sell it.
The No Crying one is of course A League of there Own.

2 Likes

I haven’t been to Seattle since the early 90’s! Damn that does sound good right now!

1 Like

Most everything I grow is Indica heavy to stay away from any paranoia. I use most of what I grow as edibles for pain so I don’t want it knocking me out either @VF. I’ve been chasing the right pain strain for 5 years so far.

2 Likes

EXACTLY!!! That’s where i go at night!

1 Like

It looks like some of us in here are old enough to get our 10% discount at McDonalds and go home to smoke a J!

2 Likes

Hey @Spiney_norman, I like to write high, then edit sober. Got a couple of books now. I like doing it so much if I live another 10 or so years I should have written a handful of fiction novels. And I love watching movies that I saw a long time ago sober. It amazing the little things that are written in that most people miss.

@OldSkunk What is the main pain strain you grow?

3 Likes

I grow one Blueberry CBD plant every time @VF. It’s 7%/7% THC to CBD ratio and I can use it all day and be able to do things. I also usually grow an AC/DC and it’s 1%/22% THC to CBD. This next grow I’m going to grow Stephan Hawking Kush and Harle-Tsu for pain strains and a free seeds deal called Animal Crackers.

If these 2 would just get done…I can start the next. The CBD plants are in the jars already.

3 Likes

I tried to get some catatonic this year for the CBD content @OldSkunk, I gave up after ILGM sent me Afghani a couple times instead. I tried some Blue Dream @W.B.elpaso gave me, it was nice and it kind of mellowed me out, my wife who rarely smokes loved it as well.

Are those autos you grow or photos. They look very frosty.

1 Like

@VF you got to try this:
Seedsman Cream and Cheese CBD 1:1 (22% THC, 18%CBD) very easy to grow and GREAT pain relief. i49 genetics has some as well.

2 Likes

Those 2 are photos. Blue Cheese in front and Herijuana out back. Both are 22-25% thc. I grow them for sleep. I harvest most of those strains at milky for vaping and amber for sleeping. I’m really impressed with Blue Cheese in the pain department. It’s the first time I’ve gotten pain relief from a high THC strain in a while.

1 Like

Also just as an example of what I’m talking about. I’m I’m shower just a few minutes ago and listening to a podcast. The cultivator says yea this strain taste like lemon meringue pie :rofl:. Like I’ve either always eaten the world’s worst lemon meringue pie or the world’s worst cannabis because neither have ever tasted like one another.
Also I have been in the vape industry (non cannabis) since before it was even a thing so I know when I inhale something if it taste like lemon meringue pie or not.

Great info though here I’m glad I could spark up a conversation. I’m hoping when my blue dream is done and I harvest etc that I will taste some of what the description says because to be honest it sounds amazing and I would love that.

1 Like