Dennis 62 simple grow #10

@shaman15 this is my current grow, I actually gave away my old mars hydro lights and got 2 HLG 100v2 boards for around $270 and I couldn’t be happier. No blue /purple, top of the line led for quality and efficiency, higher intensity, great spectrum for great veg and extra red for great flower, use less energy, and paid for them in first grow. Was getting 2.5 ounces per plant, my lemon berry I harvested last grow I pulled down 5.2 oz of nice dense buds in my closet. I do have a foot or so more in hight than you, so I understand keeping plants short, I build my plants short and bushy by light manipulations and I was great with the mars hydros, and learning these new lights is a challenge. HLG also has a great light for your 5 foot high 2x4 it’s hlg 260w rspec. It has two 135 watt boards on one heat sink, but it’s dimmable, you can dial back for seedlings, turn up a bit to veg then blast them in flower :smile: I just got one for a friend it’s a great light if you ever want to upgrade. I also just love growing weed, it is so awesome to see them thrive and grow. You can find me here anytime and check out my progress. Peace man

2 Likes

Oh hey @kellydans glad to see ya, this is my newest grow 4 weeks in, first time using 4k boards for veg and will switch to 3k boards for flowering. Which brings me to a question for you guys, @Bulldognuts @Cannabian @SKORPION. When is the optimal time to switch to flowering light, as soon as flowering started? Or is more blue spectrum better for early development of bud sites? Or red? Appreciate your help :smile: I am pretty sure I have been waiting a couple weeks, but not getting much stacking. I have gorilla glue auto just showing and wondering what you guys think?

2 Likes

Good to here from you it’s been a while. I actually use two HLG 260 v2 rspec XL in 4x4 space start to finish, With excellent results.

2 Likes

Yes those 260 are beautiful lights, I wish they had 100v2 rspec boards when I was buying lol they got them now. I’m tempted to buy hlg 135 rspec to replace my 100s. But I don’t know what to do with the extra 4 boards ha ha… terrible problems.

1 Like

I’ve only grown autos while growing photos, so I have just ran lights for autos the same as I was running for photos.

2 Likes

Your plants to look happy !

1 Like

Dennis,
I am blown away with what I just read and saw, I want to be just like you when I grow up :slight_smile:
I’m a first timer, my seeds are in shipment now and my first grow will begin in about a week or so. I went with super skunk, bought 20 reg feminized and 10 autos. I bought two 2 gal pot set ups from “pots for pot” for two of the auto’s for indoors and grabbed a 75 W LED for them. Going to put a couple of the regs outdoors and just experiment what happens this year and then go in for the kill next year :slight_smile:
That will give me this entire year to learn how to make my own soil and figure out how to feed and water all those girls to be.
I’m here in New York and they just legalized weed the first of this month. I don’t have any experience at this so I’m gonna do a lot of reading from these boards and peeps here will probably get perturbed at all my questions along my journey but all I can say is I’m gonna grow pot or bust!
Good luck with yours bro, you’re killing it! Hats off !
( I hope I figure out how to follow this thread to see how yours turn out, this topic board is all new to me also )

4 Likes

@Claybo welcome man and thanks for the kind words, to follow a thread scroll to end of thread to topic controls switch to watching :smile: hope you tag me when you start your grow, and the only dumb questions are the ones not asked, there are lots of good people here to help. Holler at me if you need anything, good luck man :smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community you’re at the right place !

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll try to be a good student:)

2 Likes

I would introduce red spectrum to promote flowering. In the tropics it is believed the reason plants flower, despite the 12 hour days all year, is the light color intensity… as the planet orbits the sun its path takes the earth much farther away… this change in distance effects the intensity and also the spectrum.
So my thought is a transition would be more ideal. I can tell when I walk outside in early fall, mornings are cooler, sun is less intense and has a soft orange quality about it. The evenings get cooler too, and all of this tells the plant to hurry up and make seed, time is running out. The further north you go the daylight hours become rapidly shorter, until less than an hour a day in the far north gradually increasing toward the equatorial region.

3 Likes

@Cannabian thanks man I changed the light above gorilla to 3k board so pushing the red. Still running a 4k above 11 roses photo in veg for a couple weeks then I’ll flip to 3k for both. :smile:

Well guys mid week and couple updates Gorilla auto is showing pistols all over, not quite in flower as pre flower, she’s 15" and starting to stretch. But changed the light above her to flowering light 3k, and raised a few inches. At this point all her lower branches are coming up to give even canopy, I am not one to defoliate, I have been tucking, I will be taking inward growing leafs and those that cover the canopy in a couple weeks but those will be few… As for 11 roses she is a short bushy girl and does not streach much, I did top her at 9 nodes so she has 18 branches an they are also growing out and up, also she will be kept in veg mode for around two weeks more so she can have lots of bud sites before flipping. I also raised her light again try to get her streach some lol she is still only 10" tall. I usually flip around 18 inches tall to get a 3 foot plant. Here’s couple pics from today 32 days above ground.

5 Likes

ooops forgot this one soon takin over the closet, have to move some stuff lol…

5 Likes

Good problem to have

3 Likes

Absolutely awesome ! What beautiful healthy looking plants. They actually look happy.

1 Like

Once again, fine growing my friend :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Thanks guys, amazing how fast they grow, different every day. :smile:

1 Like

Happy 420 guys here I am at 5 week, gorilla glue auto is streaching and looking different, so in transition. I added 1/2 dose of flowering period nutes which I add every two weeks, pk booster I’ll start next week and it’s once a week.11 roses photo is going to be in veg for a few weeks after topping the other day. Some exciting growth but that’s about it, both plants are topped, nutes for both are being added for veg still… Here’s pics

Happy growing yall till next week :smile:

3 Likes

Happy 420 Dennis! Wow, they are looking sweet, you’re doing a great job. You’re taking really good care of those girls for sure!

2 Likes