Demeter - The 2019 Gold Leaf grow

The odor has completely changed from a soggy boot sock that was used to wipe up vomit into something like one of those “new car” smell air fresheners hanging from a pine tree :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Chunking up beautifully, well done friend!

1 Like

Thanks man :+1:t2:

1 Like

They are looking really good! My GL just switched over to the ‘soggy boot sock’ smell a couple of days ago. My first thought was something was rotting away but remembered your ‘funk’ post and realized this is what you meant. :laughing:

1 Like

Yep… the funk boot…

I bet this is gonna be some :fire:

How are your girls otherwise?

Doing ok for my first grow. It’s in its prime packing and stacking stage. I have a 2nd that just started flowering and a 3rd in its 4th week of veg.

4 Likes

Sweet :+1:t2:

late to this game but… amazing job! i didn’t think bottom watering was possible with super soils as they’re usually more loaded at the bottom of the pot. is that not the case with your soil? going to have to do some reading! looks great.

how do you keep your Ph stable for the life of the water in the res?

1 Like

Thanks! The Octopot wicking system works great with the Coast of Maine Soil. They don’t call for Super Soil but I typically don’t listen. I am the guy that will grow using T5’s just to do it :pirate_flag:

The res is staying in the 6.3-6.5 range. I did not have to use PH up/down at all (just at res fill). Maybe it was luck? I have two Gelatos waiting for round 2

1 Like

i was just looking on their site and they don’t even give a PH range to stay within. my water is over 7 once filtered, so not sure what to do. the natural ph down only works for like 15 minutes. you’re lucky if yours is naturally staying in range.

not sure how super that super soil is. usually with super soil you can’t let young plants touch it and i’m seeing that after a few weeks they recommend a feed. still, this seems like a really nice balance.

i wonder if you can use slow release dry amendments mixed in the soil at the start. need to read more.

1 Like

Bravo

5 Likes

You don’t layer this soil like you would with Kind Soil so I am not sure wicking would cause hot zones with nutes. I would imagine Kind Soil or any other hot soil layered with Coco, etc. would suck… :metal:

1 Like

gotcha. yeah been brainstorming on this a bit since last night. seems like a hot soil with some slow release dry amendments would be great to get you to flower. except most drys you have to top dress later on. so at flower you’d need to add something through the bottom res that was water soluble. which it sounds exactly like what you did. just kind of amazing you only had to do it once.

1 Like

Alpha- rounding the end of week 7

6 Likes

bravo looks like she’s foxtailing but they both look lovely.

1 Like

2 Likes

you’ll be alright. it just makes harvesting a little trickier because they’ll keep shooting out white pistils and the trichomes may not turn, so keep your eye on some of the older buds. i’m AWESOME at growing foxtails. not sure i know how not to grow them yet.

2 Likes

Yeah… gotta check other buds out. I had the lights too close but ran with it. Alpha had her light set at 18”…

1 Like

that’s my guess for my own as well. there were signs that i chose to ignore. i think the light was too intense. she ended up spitting out seeds, too. she’s still in jars though :slight_smile: also… just picked up on this recently… they need less light the last two weeks of flower and that’s right around when those tails take off.

1 Like

2 Likes