Degrees working in the field

So I’ve decided to go back to school and have been thinking I’d like to get a degree in botany. With weed slowly becoming more and more legal in the states, I’d like to get into the business. My problem is that I live in the middle of nowhere and I’m very limited to available schools. I’d love to hear from anyone who has some experience in this degree or field of work. I’m looking to study online if I can find a school that offers it. Also, is that a degree that would get me a job in the marijuana industry, or are there better degrees for this. Been searching online and I’m having a hard time finding reliable information.

University of Oregon - online Horticulture program. You have to be able to work or intern at a local nursery. It looked kinda cool to me. I looked into it…

2 Likes

There are several on line courses offered by big names in the marijuana growing industry for the specific growing of weed.
I will post if when I find the ones I’ve looked at.
If you decide to pursue the botany degree that’s great but I would think would take a longer time and cost more money to finish it.
The specific courses for weed would also when looking for work in the industry could possibly be looked at more favorably by them than a general botany degree.
Not trying to dissuade you from botany but just my thoughts relating to time and money and learning specific area rather than the broader subject.

Hope this helps and HAGD

1 Like

@Skydiver yeah that makes sense, I’ve been looking into medicinal plant chemistry which seems to be pretty specific to marijuana.

https://www.google.com/search?q=on+line+courses+for+cannabis+industry&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Quick google search.
I can’t recommend any as I don’t have any knowledge or experience with any just read through some info.

Can oversea peeps do these courses?

1 Like

@Hungrybud I’m not sure. I know out of state tuition can be pretty pricey, not sure about out of country tuition lol. I’m going to be doing some calling around on Monday and i have no problem asking about it, I’ll keep you posted

1 Like

Thanks heaps mate :+1::kangaroo:

1 Like