Defoliation questions

I am on my 3rd Generation grow, instead of the Gorilla grow outside on my farm I have opted for my 3rd try to go indoors. (3) 42" LED light fixtures 8’ x 9’ AC room, window ventilation fan, floor fan, ceiling fan.
I will list what particulars I have as I have seen folks are always interested in what others are working on.
Room temperature 70 -81, Soil a blend of Fox Farm Sea Forest, mushroom compost, Lime, loco coco.
5 Gal landscape pots for ease of moving to maintain. Have played with Cal Mag and lime to have a consistent PH of 6.5-7. Fox Farm Big Grow for my liquid Fert. , Happy Frog Fruit and Flower dry fert.
I have a 9 plant grow 11 weeks old, started outdoors, moved inside after two weeks, unknown varieties of ILGM (Gold Leaf. purple haze) is best guess a rain storm took out my seedlings made a mess and I salvaged what I could out 15 of 30 seedlings. 6-7 week old plants are Skywalker, Purple Kush, White Widow, total 29 active plants on 18 1/2 hours of light a day.
I know and respect others and their advise so this is my question. The plants looking great and do not want to screw the pooch on my Gen 3. I have topped most of the plants to split the top into 2.
I have maintained vigilance on clipping dying or burnt tipped leaves are my only forms of defoliation so far.
Question is; do I and if so when to start clipping shade leaves / lower small limbs, prior to setting into flower.
My plan for flowering was do younger and older plants at the same time. To keep them in Veg stage until younger plants catch up. I can not separate the grow so waiting until I have the younger plants ready to flower early (such as SoG) set all to flower at the same time. I have to leave my grow next week for 3-4 weeks of out of town work. My wife takes over the watering is all. Set to flower when I return Oct 1. How about some opinions and advice. Worked to hard to baby the girls to this point. Caution over volume, I am not a smoker anymore or a dealer. Just a farmer who likes to grow stuff. If this becomes legal in my state I can grow hundreds of acres so practice makes perfect.
Thanks for your thoughts.

5 Likes

Do they pay the rent and bills for that home? :joy: An entire apartment for them! Nice one!

1 Like

As bushy as they are already, with you being out of town for 3 or 4 weeks, I’d probably do a pretty heavy defoliation right before leaving. Lower nodes, sucker branches that aren’t going to be close enough to the top to produce, and any leaves growing toward the inside of the plant. You’ll probably barely be able to tell you did anything by the time you get home.

Kyle Cushman has a really good video covering defole and supercropping. Let me see if I can find it again.

2 Likes

Long watch, but it’s a really good video.

4 Likes

I dont care that is just plain funny, LOL
Believe it or not my wife hated the farm so much she took her $$ bought this huge Hacienda of home for her and her horses. It came with a two bedroom guest house which is nicer then my cabin on my farm. She is use to privacy from (2600 acre Wildlife Farm in the woods) If I was going to be here had to have a hobby, son is a organic vegetable Hydro farmer who sells to fancy restaurants and bars so he donated the lights, and gave me some indoor tips, Poof I am a dope farmer. Who knows my youngest Daughter is a head stoner sorry to say but a real business girl runs my old construction co, now I retired she says if it worth a dam she can make big money ? Maybe pay my wildlife farm bills if I got good at it.
Thanks for the humor…

5 Likes

Sounds like good advice just what I was looking for :>)
much thanks

1 Like

Well trust and believe , if you can get your dry and cure game down , you will have plenty of bargaining tools in this disgustingly foreseen future , if nothing else…
It’s a commodity just like anything else…
My advice to you…
Learn how to preserve it for future bargaining…
I’m running out of place’s in my small town that will even take greenbacks…
Never thought i would see the day when cash is useless…
Sure I can go and put money on a card and then use that card to buy groceries…
But why the fuck should I have to do that…
Makes no sense…
If we can kill all of the mom and pop stores and force everyone into a big box store and not allow them to use cash , then I can track every so called electronic dollar moving through the system…
What the hell is the point…
( control ) …
( mask )…
( control )…
$hits about to get real…
Please if your reading this , make sure to look out for your fellow man and help as much as you can , because I guarantee you that it will come back to you 10 fold…
And even if it doesn’t , you will have died with honer and love and respect and I’m sure that you will be given all of the answers that you have ever asked…
How cool is that…
The gift of knowledge…
Sorry for my crazy medicated rant… :man_facepalming::man_shrugging::upside_down_face::exploding_head::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Well Mr Peachfuzz,
It is a ever changing world we must live in. Dont get me wrong but it is like the unGodly idea of Darwinism we must change and evolve to survive. After living on this planet for 64 years of wisdom to adapt and even though, this is not always what we wish for but a means to survive. My farm is very, very remote, as close as you can get to being off the grid. It is a self supporting piece of land, not being a so called prepper. I am well suited to survive almost anything that could be survivable w/o money, power grid, or any other worldly complication or complete shutdown of our society. The 2nd Amendment was created for men like myself. All I got to say about your rant,
Peace Out

3 Likes

Ok if anyone looks at this the video of Kyle Kush it is excellent. It gave me what In was looking for. I suggest if you wonder like I did it is worth the watch.
I did a heavy prune job on my girls. I will post the after pics real soon. I even tried his Chiropractic on a few. I did not get quite as aggressive as he did in the video as I still am proceeding with caution, some Larf is ok to me at the risk of over doing it.
Upon some research I will set the timers back to 12 hours Sept 1. plants looked great tonight after the prune no shock seen at all. With the time to complete the flower and size change the smaller plants have grown so much in the last week I will have some 7 footers in the batch setting them into flower now because of a long veg stage. Hope my post helps some of you
seeds in the dirt to all

Much thanks this was a great help …

1 Like

OK as promised the after Prune picture. I defoliated the bottom 1/3 of the plant approximately, 1/2 kitchen garbage bag over a pound of leaves and branches.
Turned lights back to 12 hours last night.

3 Likes