Defoliation or not? Flowering or not? Heeeelp 🥺

Soooo basically that’s the situation after 1 month and almost 2 weeks of veg of some fem Critical+ 2.0 seeds that I trained with LST (it was my first time, give me some compliments ahhaha it’s a dark year I’m living thru) but I was not scared.

Mistakes have been made and I was wondering if I should continue the veg until even the little AK-47 in the middle get bigger to star the flowering stage or if I should start ASAP, even because I only have this 400watt hps for veg and another 400watt hps for flowering (red spectrum if I recall correctly).

I’m putting a lot of effort and love to this growing babies and I don’t want to overdue.

Apart from that, should I defoliate?
Yes? No? When? How?
THANKS A LOT to whoever will take his precious time to help a scared girl through this decisions. :heart::woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Looking good ! Flipping to start flowering stage is a personal preference but also about managing space. Take into consideration plants will stretch and double in size after flip. I would clean up around the bottom of the plants to make it easier for watering, also Tuck a few leafs and if necessary you can take a few for better light penetration. Hope that helps good luck.

5 Likes

I myself would clean everything on the bottoms a third of the way up. If its at the bottom. Off with its head. Id only do so much today and wait 4 or 5 days and do the rest or so maybe 3 sittings per pla t. Ull be happy u did. My bubblegum cams out sweet as hell doing this. Had a nice 3 inch round cola and several 2 to 3 inch buds around. @Nicky @Not2SureYet @Covertgrower @CoyoteCody can u guys point him in a good way.

4 Likes

Can you explain a little bit better for me please? English is not my first language and I understood much of what you said but not everything ahhahaha…so should I defoliate the bottom only? And then again in 4 to 5 days?

Please sorry to annoy you, but I want as more information I can get! :pray::heart:

If you are talking about height I have a suuuuuuuper high roof and height is not a problem at all. I hope they won’t get even wider if that’s a problem for the not enough light they could get :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Let me see what i can find for u to watch so u have a good visual. Do so much one day and do the rest like 4 or 5 days later. Dont want to stress it out too bad by taking everything at once it might slow down production if u go full force on her all at once. Let me find a good vid for u that u can watch. Brb

1 Like

@FromNoob2Expert
This one kinda explains and shows a pretty good detail on what im talking about.

5 Likes

Defoilate them yes.
This guys a guru watch and learn.

As @kellydans said flipping is personal and about managing your resources like space or light.

After you defoilate let them grow and recover then flip.

Why did you start seedlings if you knew they were going to be an issue considering space and lighting?
You’ll have to figure out how to manage that to be honest… Your going to take 2-3 months from flip while it Wil take those seedlings another month before they are mature enough to flip

6 Likes

I agree with the video some what. I wait till my stretch is over though. He is cutting out a lot of buds that may have stretched up tall enough to keep. Just my preference. I wait till I know my stretch is over.

4 Likes

@Not2SureYet this would be an example of what you mentioned lower limbs if spread out can stretch up 0825201840_HDR|375x499 and make a even canopy.

4 Likes

Sweet plant @kellydans. Yep, if you have the room and light. You can keep most of a plant. My big bud was like that. I cut almost nothing off it and just spread her out. Now, I don’t want to give up that much space yet. Maybe towards the middle of next year when I cut back to a fwe plants. Gotta love big plants :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Guys what do you mean by max stretching?

1 Like

When you flip your plant to flower. It normally stretches to be 2 to 3 times the height it was when you flipped it. So basically. If you flip it at 12" tall. It may grow to 24 - 36" tall. Each plant varies. Sativas stretch more than indicas for the most part

2 Likes

Should I lollipop?
I just flipped into flowering and was wondering if I should cut the big leaves on the top covering the little bud sites :pleading_face:

1 Like

Ah…another question.

Will I get a decent yeald even if I’m using just a 400watt hps?

1 Like

If it was mine. I would wait at least 2 weeks before removing more leaves. You are really not that thick there. I don’t know about the light but have seen great things from them

1 Like

Should I defoliate now?

2 Likes

Yes. You can clearly see bud sites so go ahead.

First I would lollipop. Then wait at least 3-4 days then defoilate

@Stonedrus is a pro at deflation of photos (I’m. An auto grower) he might be able to give us best practices on this

2 Likes

What do u mean lollipop and defoliate just after? Getting just the biggest cola?

Wouldn’t be a waste?

1 Like

Time to do some reading =p

1 Like