Defoliating during flower

Here’s a loaded question…
I’m a little nervous to really defoliate even though I’ve done a little trimming here and there and right before I flipped to flower. What do I really take off? 15 days into flower and wanted to wait until day 21. Ignore the low humidity. It’s from having the tent open.

7 Likes

You’ve done pretty much exactly how much you should take off , looks like you have 2 more weeks of stretch Then I’d do another underbrush trim down

5 Likes

Boy, I say, boy what a fine job you’ve done. Mama would be so proud.

I’ve started lollipopping just before flower.

3 Likes

I agree with @GreenSnek completely.
If anything for the next week or 2 tuck big fans out of the way of the lower buds or pull the shoots out a little more or both.
It’ll get thick but let them use that extra energy for a little longer until you get some good hairy white buttons formed then do a pretty heavy cleaning.
You’ve got plenty of time yet!

2 Likes

They are going to be beauties!

1 Like

Do you mean 15 days since you flipped to 12/12 cause I’m looking but I don’t see two weeks worth of flowering yet.
Anyway,

Yeah, that :arrow_up:

and that :arrow_up: :laughing:

1 Like

Me personally i would defoliate abit more to allow more light in and i would try to tie some branches down a bit to allow more light thats just me thou

1 Like

Yes @HMGRWN , 15 days since flipping the lights. Should have clarified that a little better.

Awesome healthy looking plant!

1 Like

Nice job below that canopy, will pay off big keeping the air circulating. Day 42 will be your next one. Healthy looking lady you got there :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Just me, but I continuously pinch off the bigger fan leaves throughout the life of the plant to avoid blocking bud sites. Not a true defoliation but it keeps her trimmed up.

1 Like

You start to count flower from the time first preflowers form. Usually two weeks after flipping. So I would suggest waiting another 3 weeks before doing a defol.

2 Likes

That stalk is looking healthy lol looks like it’s gonna be a big girl

1 Like