Defoliating autoflowers?

I dont grow in it, but my understanding is the soil gets tired around week 6 of veg, at which time the grower may have already entered flower? More than likely not… in any case, it would be wise at that point to pot up into a non fertilized medium, at least thats for autos, for photos use fresh loaded soil to extend veg. When zoil gets tired again go on a light feeding of trace elements, light dose of N and start the bud feed in light amounts. The Light N is needed even in flower. But as the plant progresses the grower should increase the bud food. It would depend on the food as per feeding schedule or desired PPMs/EC.
At any time, ph should be checked going in and out. And a flush may be needed depending on how long the plant stays in the pot. Then re start feeding program until the flowers are done then the flush period. I prefer to call it cleans… run clean water only time for a week or 2.

3 Likes

Ahh wicked thanks Bro!! Massive help! This bunch will be just a learning curve for me, next time I now know I need bigger pots and maybe better medium :blush: if I’m learning something new then I’m doing atleast SOME thing right :laughing:

1 Like

Anyone able to tell if coco coir and coco fibre are the same? Like coco coir is used for plants and reptile bedding so is coco fibre the same? My local store only has coco fibre and they reckon it’s basically the same just different textures

1 Like

Yes. The same.

2 Likes

Like he said :grin: The coco husk are like wood chips you would have in the year if you should see them. Not good for our growing.

2 Likes

Yeah indisnt get husk, all I could get was one block of actual coir and loads of coco fibre that’s actually reptile bedding but they said it can be used for plants so I just grabbed it :man_shrugging:t3: £3 for a 9l block ain’t too bad

One thing I was also wondering about, can you split harvest a auto? Get the tops an let the bottoms ripen a bit more or does it have to go all at once?

1 Like

You can split harvest, I did it last grow with two plants. It will work just fine :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you much @Turbonelson for the input first auto an haven’t tried stressing it much top half will be good an ripe an bottom half won’t be close

1 Like