Defoliate/pruning

My first harvest went ok but I’m always looking to get better . How much of this should I defoliate/ prune ?

First harvest went topped or any LST done. I have 8 heads on this girl. Tell me how to maximize please !

3 Likes

How far into flower are you when I defoliate I do it the day I switch to flower and then 15 to 20 days after I flip thats mainly for photoperiod plants with autos I don’t do much besides tuck the leafs out of the way ill remove if necessary

1 Like

I gotcha. Remove what though . Anything blocking light ?

1 Like

As you can see , that girl in back I went a lil ham on :rofl:

1 Like

Prety much yeah anything blocking light to bud sites and its all good man find what works best for you some people go as far as removing every leaf besides a few on top its a bit to extreme for me but works well for some haha

1 Like

Ya go a lot less than the other one. Get the ones blocking light to bud sites but also look at her and say is this bud site going to produce anything besides larf if the answer is no leave the leaf blocking is and get rid of bud site instead.
On the other plant for reference I would have gotten rid of all those leaves and bud sites on the bottom. At least the bottom 6 to 8 inches and left the leaves blocking them. Even though they can see light now they still won’t produce well because the light will have to be to far away from them.
Watch about 30 (maybe i exagerate) kyle kushman films on you tube. He’s a good teacher with many different ways to do this.
Just my opinion.

2 Likes

The light will be far away right now but as soon as my nice light comes in ill have a table for my girls and ill use these for side lighting and lower canopy lighting

3 Likes

Agree. Prune the inside part of the plant. Dont do it all at once. The leaf on the inside is blocking light getting all the way through your ladies.

2 Likes

Defoliate ur plants and lollipopping is a good way to get bigger buds and doin lst training and fimming when in veg stage is another way to more colas

2 Likes

I continue my last all the way into flower tbh

Went well. Maybe it’s not really lst anymore as she’s not growing in height. I am basically just pulling the branches back so the lower nugs get light . Not sure if that " stresses" her or not.

3 Likes

That looks fine she is opened up to allow more light in thats a very good start

2 Likes

Thanks for the reassurance. She’s doing great. A little nute issue but I switched from miracle grow to FF so I’m getting used to it.

You will be right and everyone here is ready to help when help is needed

2 Likes