Deficiency ? Yellow leaves, edges Curling up

I lowered the light to about 40 cm above the canopy like 3 days ago but the leaf issue stardet already about 8 days ago. I got the SF1000 in this tent idk if thats enough to get light stress ?

They are already pretty nutrient hungry and the outstanding one has a mg deficency i dont think flushing would be the best thing to do at the moment
Thanks tho :slightly_smiling_face:

Will do, thanks :grin:

1 Like

What size pots are those plants in, particularly the plant in question?

Also make sure you keep your PH around 5.8 going in.

Growing in coco, sometimes one plant may need a little something different than another.
So many different things that can go wrong. But, may also be just a bad seed.
Hang in there. You’ll get it figured out. :v::sunglasses:

I would raise the light back up some of you can’t dim it.

2 Likes

1.5 L then il move them into 6L tonight or so.

1 Like

I have a dimmer on it, thanks

1 Like

How would you treat the deficiency ?
Higher cal/mag in feeding water or a foliar feed ?
Thank you for all the helpfull answers already :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

First you have to know what it is. Lights, fans, and bugs, can make them curl.
If you environment is in check, light height, temps a little fan movement, then I would do a flush as mentioned above. Flushing will reset everything.
Transplanting to a bigger pot can’t hurt either.
I would be in a 4 or 5 gal pot by that time. Some like transplanting up but in coco, I think you’ll be ok going straight to a final big pot home. For the age and size of your plants, it will do them some good to be in a bigger pot.

2 Likes

Hello just a quick update on my veg tent.
What i changed :
i now water at 5.8ph instead of 6.3.
I transplanted them in 6l pots.
My new medium “recipe” is 50%coco 30%perlite 20% worm castings.
I am now able to control my humidity better due to a dehu and a new vent, i keep it between 50-60% RH.
Its been 7 days since the original picture and 5 days since transplanting.
As you can see the plants dont look worse but not much better either.

Have a good day and happy growing. :seedling::smile:

3 Likes

How often are you watering the plant in question?
Sometimes over watering can cause root problems that will cause the plant to look like that, especially if your soil doesn’t have good drainage.
I would think the coco and perlite will help. Just give it a week or so and look at the new growth to see if it’s coming up greener. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Im watering when its almost dry ( ik you should not do that with coco but they just seem to grow healthier as if they were wet all the time)
Its usually 2-3 days between watering.

2 Likes

That could cause issues in coco. Not watering to run off could lead to salt build up in the root zone leading to lock out. I feed daily in coco to 15-20% run off each time. Food for thought :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Your conditioning is on point and typically a rough one for most indoor growing. If I could suggest adjusting your PH to float between the optimum range it helps because each micro/macro nutrients have different PH levels that are their sweet spots for uptake. I alter mine from week to week between 5.9-6.4 :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I’m beginning my Coco adventure soon. I know that Coco typically needs to be watered far more often than soil, typically every day.

Also, definitely make sure that you not only water till a good amount (15%+) of runoff, but also make sure you don’t water too fast either. Not 100% sure if Coco does the same, but with soil if you let it get too dry, it becomes hydrophobic and won’t absorb water, so it will flow through the path of least resistance which is the sides of the pot and the little crevasses in the substrate. If your substrate is very dry, water slowly, say if you’re giving a gallon of water, give 1L, then wait a minute or two, then 2L more, then the rest. Something like that.

Failure to water correctly leads to salt buildup like @OGIncognito said.

I can attest to this because my girl has been having issues, I finally watered the way I described above and found out that my root zone was way too rich. Measuring at an EC of 3, which it should be around 2. Only found this out by giving more water and waiting a bit for soil to not be hydrophobic.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Good point :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Sounds way too familiar, learned that a few runs back. :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Yup XD.

What really sucks is this was supposed to be my “knock this one out of the park” grow. Was going to be absolutely stunning… She looked great up until flower… Now she looks like this :sob:

Doesn’t help that I was having nutrient reservoir issues too. Which have thankfully been resolved, so I’m ready to get thus girl finished and start my next one. Which will be my new “homerun” grow lol

3 Likes

How do you remove all that runoff, i have all the plants in a single tray and its really shitty to get it out of the tent, do you use a pump or something like that ?

1 Like

Do you have the pots elevated off that tray? They should never sit in your run off by the way, you don’t won’t that wicking back into the plant. When I was top feeding, I’m in auto pots now. I had pot risers under the pots with catch trays underneath. I top feed now for the 1st 2 weeks and use a siphon pump or. Giant syringe to drain the trays.

1 Like