Deficiency ? Yellow leaves, edges Curling up

Hello im having trouble in my veg tent i noticed some N and Mg deficiencys in early veg, i then stardet to feed ad a higher ppm and most seemed like they were getting better but there is one that really stands out ( not in a good way ).
I could really use some help. Thanks a lot

Some information on the grow :
Veg week 4
75% coco coir 25% perlite
Remo nutrients: grow, micro, magnifical, velokelp
Feeding water : ± 900 ppm 6.3 ph
Day temp : 23-25 C
Night temp : 19-20 C
R.H : 70-80% ( just added a dehu today, still waiting on that result )
Plants topped once at 4/5 node

Pictures:

1 Like

Do you know your runoff pH? Curled leaves can be caused by improper pH.

2 Likes

Have you checked for bugs? You will need to check the under side of the leaves with a scope.
Although, it seems like if one plant had it, others would be displaying the same symptoms.
Another thing to check is make sure no fans are blowing directly on them.
Make sure your PH is in check.
Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

No i dont. They dont drink too much because of the high humidity i think so i dont want to overwater them. Thats why i was not able to test any runoff…
Im also worried that the ph might be an issue.
I used dry coco bricks so idk if they are really that good.
Thanks

1 Like

Everything looks to be within range except the RH is high. I’m leaning towards a PH issue or excessive mineral build up in the root zone…related back to PH. You should be watering to run off to help prevent that build up if that’s the issue :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Yes i checked every plant and couldnt find anything, i had a few small flies on my yellow sticker but none on the plants.
I have a small clip vent about 40 cm above de canopy do you think that is too close ?
Thanks a lot :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you, yes the RH really sucks i am only able water every 3-4 days an still without runoff, i dont want to risk root rot so i wait till i got the environment under control i guess.
Are there any soil ph pens out there that are not either 200€ or complete garbage ?

2 Likes

I would look into an Apera PH 20 pen. They are reliable and affordable.

Your fans are probably not the problem. if you’re sure you don’t have bugs, I would lean towards a ph problem like mentioned above.
Keep us posted. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

As @HappyHydroGrower mentioned, Apera makes the best PH pen in my opinion and not expensive. My TDS pen is a Blue Lab and recommend that as well.

2 Likes

You won’t risk root rot with scheduled watering/feeding at the right intervals. The high RH will lead to bud rot. I have 2 mini (16”) oscillating tower fans that blow under and through my canopies to help with high RH and air circulation :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Flush them, pour water until. The ppm of the water coming out is like 300-400 ppm

Then feed them fully right after.

Your getting taco leaf. Raise your temp to 27c will help balance humidity (a heater on a temp controller works for me)

2 Likes

Inkbird?

Always, who else?

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Thermostat-Temperature-Controller-50-108°F/dp/B01M6WMUYI/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=Inkbird+plug&qid=1633615295&sr=8-6

2 Likes

Right on👍 I’m just starting to do my research on them.

1 Like

Thanks, as always :metal:

1 Like

Also curling leaves like that can also be due to much heat in ur tent and the leaves are trying to protect them selfs by showing the underside of the leaf

Thanks for this, bro. Bought a humidifier 2 months ago, bought an interval timer (ex: 15 sec on, 30 sec off) and was using that to try and keep humidity at a reasonable level… Had no idea something like an automated controller existed. Buying their humidity controller soon.

1 Like

Your welcome humidty and temp controllers are the way to go.

2 Likes

Did you recently increase the amount of light all at once? If so, I would dim the fixture a little, and increase over time. Sudden increase in lighting intensity can cause the leaves to curl too.
Magnesium is still needed as others have suggested.

4 Likes