Deficiency, Or something else? HELP IS APPRECIATED

Tryn to figure out whats wrong w/ the leaves only spotted it on 3 fan leaves and so I picked em…idk if its toxicity or deficiency…thoughts? Its the beginning of week 3 and Im going to defoliate 1 more time…

2 Likes

@Untld315
The new growth and bud sites look really good …
This is outdoor grow right?
I have some older yellowing off leaves and growing outdoors I think we have to tolerate some less desirable conditions …however I don’t have that brown curling edges …someone with more knowledge will definitely help …
I’m in week 4 just about and first grow so I’m interested to see also what the pros say

This is an indoor grow, under the led sf2000…n yeah hopefully someone could help…these leaves were on top of the canopy and didnt see any at the bottom…Also only one branch was affected…

1 Like

3 Likes

Can probably get to the root of it with some information about your grow. First impression is nitrogen toxicity, but there could be other things going on as well. Please fill out a support ticket so we understand your environment.

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

-Gelato, GCS, Photoperiods
-Beginning of Week 3 in flower
-Medium: Fox Farms Ocean Forest
-Vessels: Fabric pots
-Method used to measure PH and TDS: Ph/Ppm Meter (2in1)
-Indoor 2x4 Grow Tent
-Light system LED SF 2000
-Actual wattage draw of lights N/A
-Current Light Schedule/12:12
-Temps; Day 75 to 82, Night/NA
-Humidity; 40-50
-Ventilation system; 4” Inline Fan and 2 6” tent fans
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier/Yes
-Co2; No

Ive only been giving half the recommended dose of the FF TRIO nutrients and CalMag w/ humboldts white widow mychorizae…and only @ once a week…and then I water with cal mag and humboldts white widow mychorizae every other watering…

Follow up question:

Do you know your pH and PPM values? It doesn’t sound like you are overfeeding, but you might be feeding too early with Ocean Forest. Ocean Forest has all your plant needs for the first ~6 weeks after your last transplant. Is it possible that you started feeding too early?

Everything else looks reasonable.

Follow up comment:

The overall plant looks fairly healthy. If it is only limited to a few of the bottom leaves, then I’m not sure that I would worry about it.

2 Likes

Ill get the run off next watering for sure and come back… But acouple quick questions if you could help, I heard that FFOF runs a little hot so you shouldnt have to feed for 4-6 weeks like you said (n yes ive been feeding as soon as I transplanted, so that could be the mistake) So does that mean i shouldnt follow the FF feeding schedule?

Also I heard growers from different platforms say you shouldnt even need to PH your soil since FFOF is a living soil and that the microbes will feed the plant and adjust the PH anyway?

Just watered (thats why humidity is higher than previously stated) and Defoliated, Im gonna need a new Dehumidifier asap cus this doesnt wrk all to well

2 Likes

This is not accurate and you were given bad advice. Salt buildup always becomes an issue later in the grow in FF soils (or any soil, for that matter) and it can cause significant pH issues. I grow in FF soils and ALWAYS adjust pH to keep it in the 6.3 to 6.8 range. Nutrients are salt based and they submarine your pH and adjustment is necessary. It’s a good idea to test and actively manage your pH with products like pH Up and pH down or other alternatives. While you are not likely to have pH issues early in a grow, you MUST continually adjust pH to keep it in range after you start feeding.

The best way to manage nutrients is not by following a schedule, but by measuring PPM and managing nutes to a favorable PPM level.

As a side note, the FF feeding schedule is very aggressive and sometimes leads to nute burn. Most growers will only use half of the published schedule.

Not managing pH would be a big mistake. If you want to test it, then try feeding without adjusting pH for a month. It will lead to significant problems.

3 Likes

I love guys like you and @Hellraiser who spend some of your time and share your knowledge!

It has been 25+ years since I started closet growing hydroponically in my Phototron 1.
Without help from people like you I’d likely repeat all the old mistakes I made and have to learn things the hard way again. I’m coming back strong now with the help of this forum and should be able to avoid many of the newbie mistakes I made in the past!
Would you mind following my 1st WWA grow and keeping me on track for extraordinary results?

1 Like

Hellraiser is a hell of a grower.

2 Likes

Yeah ive been Ph’ing anyway to be on the safe side but I have seen a full grow journal on youtube from a guy who says he dont ph his water and that the soil will buffer its self and tht he wouldnt flush but instead water with RO water every other time with plant enzymes…i think itd be a cool project to test it next run, since Im a beginner anyway…

22 posts were merged into an existing topic: New member, new grow, new to autoflower seeds