Deficiency or over abundance?

Hi all! I’m about 10 weeks into my Bruce Banner auto grow and I need some diagnostic help! Super soil grow and I add about 1-2 TBS Tiger Bloom to about 1 1/2 gal of purified water daily. Started with Grow Big and switched a few weeks in to flower. Overall they’re pretty happy but definitely something going on. The leaves in general are dark green and the tips are burned looking and curling up. One of the girls also has some leaves that are yellowing strongly against the edges which are also looking crispy. Only a few more weeks to go and want to give them all the love they deserve. Suggestions? I’ve tried to use the charts but when I think it’s one thing it looks like another! Don’t want to harm them by going down the wrong road!

1 Like

One and three look like N toxicity. The textbook burned tips. Just extreme enough to take action (slow the nitrogen to a crawl)

Picture 2…. Im not sure. That yellow looks like a K deficiency if im not mistaken. She’s definitely craving either P or K…. Is it all over the plant? Random spots? Starting at the bottom? Top? Heck where’s a support ticket when u need it

4 Likes

This… Grow Big is heavy in Nitrogen. This (flowering) is Big/Tiger Bloom time.

4 Likes

Picture 2 is definitely different than the others and to me looks a little like sun/light burn, but with you feeding the veg food it is more than likely N burn as purp said. If that plant is right under the middle of your light then it’s possibly both light n nutes

2 Likes

Whoa! This should be teaspoons not tablespoons.

3 Likes

@MeEasy @PurpNGold74 @BobbyDigital
Ahhhhhhh yeah that may be part of the problem :laughing:. So if i just water for a few days (no nutes) and the maybe in 3 days or so feed more lightly??? Can this be reversed? I really hope so…

Also, if I’m too heavy in N but may be too light on K as suggested by @PurpNGold74 what would you recommend to fix this. And WHY IN THE WORLD does one plant get weirder than the rest when they are all being grown under the exact same conditions!!!

I was going to give it a boost with this Flower Fuel (1-34-32). I know one has to use a very tiny amount. Would it be throwing more fuel on the fire at this point?

1 Like

It’s not that you’re too light on anything, it’s likely you’re too heavy on everything causing a lockout. Definitely don’t add more fuel to the fire. Water only when they dry out and get a good amount of runoff to get an idea where your ppms are. You could likely need to flush those pots out.

3 Likes

I never think of this. Could def be the issue. I just saw flaming yellow tips. Completely opposite of the burnt ones. Great thinking. Water only diet until otherwise @Yamimommy

2 Likes

Same reason on kid grows 6’4 and the other stays under 6 ft but 40 lbs heavier. Genetics… more specifically phenotypes

5 Likes

Thanks all! Going to water with no added nutes for the next few days and keep an eye on the new growth. Hopefully won’t have to flush. So close to the end too… frustrating. Much lighter touch on the nutes next time around.

2 Likes

So you have a Pom meter that you can check run off with?

1 Like

Thank you, I do. But I have to admit I’m sort of at a loss as how to use it to determine what’s going on. Do I just collect some of the run off, measure it and then what? What am I comparing it to? I don’t usually water to run off so they’re nice & dry by the next morning thou did this morning and will for the next few days in order to flush out a bit while avoiding the big flush

This is going to cause problems by keeping the soil wet. Let it dry out and water until you have a good bit of runoff. Stick your TDS meter in the water and report the ppm here. It’ll tell us if you have a build up.

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate that. Hopefully they’ll be dry enough by tomorrow. If not, Sunday for sure.

1 Like

Yup, @BobbyDigital has you covered. The ppms and ph of run off will tell you a lot about what’s going on with your plant/medium

1 Like

Ppm 2060. Guess I should have done this a long time ago. They are so close to finishing too :tired_face:. What do you suggest. Sadly I completely underestimated how large they would get and the grow area had gotten very difficult for me to get around in. Hopefully I can salvage a good portion​:pleading_face:

1 Like

It’s not too bad. You can probably just run water only the next few water days. Check ppm again next watering and see if it’s coming down. If it’s not coming down or even raising, it’s time to do a real flush

2 Likes

I really appreciate your feedback. A few of the stalks are clearly ready for harvest which happened pretty quickly. so I think i have a combination of late grow nitrogen deficiency and whatever I was Over feeding them with. Good thing to switch to water only. Can you help me with what ppms I should be looking for in future grows? If I had lock out would the ppms be high or low? I use super soil and generally don’t even start feeding until about six weeks into the grow. I know I need to up my game by learning about this And how to better monitor my plants :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can tell by testing your runoff after each water/feed. If you haven’t added in nutrients there’s no reason to water to a good amount of runoff. Just fully water the plant. As the weeks go by, you can start watering to runoff periodically just to check the remaining ppm in your soil. When I get down to around 1000ppm runoff, I start the nutrients.

With fox farms nutrients you’ll want to water to runoff every time after you start giving nutrients. Test your runoff ppm each time to track how they’re doing.

Say after your first feed, your runoff is 2000ppm. The next time they dry out, water only and check that runoff. If your runoff is still around 2000 then they’re not eating much. Continue water only until they start dropping. If the ppm’s are increasing, it means that they’re building up.

5 Likes