Deficiency or Climate or pH, Unable to DX

Would appreciate any feedback regarding this. I thought it was a Mg deficiency, and have used some CalMag in a watering. I have also amended the soil with an Acidic fertilizer from the Fox Farms line, which I listed below.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA: // Two Gold Leaf plants. Both Fem Seeds.

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? // Started in Jiffy Pellets with FF Happy Frog soil 4" Pots, now in Fox Farms Ocean Floor, 3 Gallon pots. Moving to 7 Gallon Smart pots FFOF in about 2 weeks…

System type? // ?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? // 6.8 I use city water, dechlorinated, either by a solution or letting the water stand for at least 24 hours.

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS UNK // I use Fox Farms nutrient trio, CalMag. These plants have been in FFOF since 6/12/2017, it is my understanding of that soil mix (and from using it in the past) that it doesn’t really need any nutrients or feeding for at least a month, (it says “no additional fertilizers needed for up to 30 days”) water and you’re good to go. With the pH being a bit high, I used a small amount of Fox Farms Acid Loving Plants to amend the soil on 6/30/2017.

Indoor or Outdoor? // Indoor, Sunroom and Tent

Light system, size? // 600W LED

Temps; Day, Night // Recently moved from Sunroom, where temps were around 85-88 (too high), to inside, where temp is staying in low 70’s. Checked on it last night and this morning, 73F, 71F.

Humidity; Day, Night // Was high in sunroom, over 50%, now its showing 35-44%. I live in the south. Essentially they were living in the sunroom for about 2.5 weeks, but it was just getting too hot/humid, even with the central air going into that room.

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size // No, fan only. I can keep the tent open if I need to, which I will usually do in the afternoon/evening. Everything is in an enclosed room where I’m really the only person who occupies.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier // No, fan only

Co2; Yes, No // No

@SeaweedMermaid You’ve done a great job!

How old is the gold leaf?

Where on the plant are you seeing that damage?

Using the Fox Farms Trio are you testing the pH your water after you add the nutrients?

Look thru the chart below and see if anything jumps out at you.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply! These were germinated/put into Jiffy starters on 5/18/2017. So, creeping up on 2 months old. However, the leaf markings have been going on for at least the last 2 weeks, it was quite subtle at first. I haven’t added nutrients for a feeding yet, since they were just put in FFOF on 6/12, but am starting this week, it’s about that time. I will check the pH of the water after the nutrients are added, thanks for that tip!

2 Likes

It’s something that I would watch but the rest of the plant looks healthy. Your pot size, water and soil are good. I would probably verify ph of runoff just to make sure that the plant is in a good ph range. I’m growing a GL fem as well: planted on 5/21. It’s a different looking plant.

Also, low 80’s is fine for your plants and 60 to 70% humidity is closer to ideal. I wonder if the leaves are either dry or sunburned? It bears watching for sure.

Thanks for the reply, I’m interested in how your GL Fem’s are different! Maybe the hybrid is leaning towards a more dominate sativa or indica? Not even sure if that is probable. Anyway, I don’t think it was light burn. When they were in the sunroom, still in the grow tent, the leaves curled up to “sweat” almost. I got a second fan going on them and started to open the tent during the day and they did a lot better. I’m watching to see if the spots improve now that they are indoors and out of the higher temp/humidity, and my setup is back to 1 fan.

It’s hard to describe, more Indica dominant for sure. But really big beefy branches, stem and the nodes are huge. The leaves are somewhat blockier as well. Healthy and growing like a, well, weed! Lol

1 Like