Deficiency for seedling, GSCE

Anyone know what deficiency this is (if it is one?) the outside is looking more lighter in green. I wanna try to fix it asap.

1 Like

What kind of soil?
What kind of lights and how high is it from the plant?
:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Mix of perlite, coco, happy frog, and FFOF. Light is a 260 watt, it’s pretty high, maybe around 20inches + | just measured it’s around 30 inches

2 Likes

The fact that you are running all three together may or can be an issue from what I’ve seen.

Are you feeding any nutes yet?

Seems like I’ve seen talk about mixing all three somewhere on here… maybe not. (Lacking nutes)??

I’ll tag a few folks to see if they can help here.

@OGIncognito @MeEasy @Oldguy @BobbyDigital @Graysin

:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Appreciate the tag Brother, @Sammys you maybe chasing PH with different mediums. Coco at 5.7-6.0 and soil 6.3-6.8. It doesn’t seem like a big variance but can have adverse affects on nutrient absorption :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

It’s not a lot of coco, around 15%

2 Likes

Would it still differ with 15% coco?

2 Likes

No, you will be ok :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Ahh ok, might do a mild feed later on if it gets worse or anything. Will do a bit of research. I have been giving it recharge as sprays, is that ok?

1 Like

Just curious what % you’ve got your light at ?
Even tho it’s at 30 in it can still be a bit strong.

I’d hold off in any sprays at this age.
Never during lights on if you do.
Could be part of your issue too.
Magnifying the light. :thinking:
:v:

3 Likes

Naw not a Foliar spray, I meant as in spraying the soil, my light is at 40% atm, I’m gonna be moving her out to the sun later, (maybe). I’m working with one flowering plants and these ones atm. It may be a light issue but unsure.

Light is also at 30 inches so it is pretty far. Some brands recommend 24 inches at 100% power. I should be good in this sense

2 Likes

Download Photone - it’s free and mostly accurate. Check your DLI readings around the canopy and see what it is. Manufacturer recommendations aren’t very specific and can adversely affect your plants if you follow them rather than what your plant tells you.

As far as the soil mix, should be fine*. I’d be watering around 6.5 and watering generously. Without knowing pH of the runoff and the PPMs of the runoff I can’t say with any degree of certainty what the issue is here.

How old is she?

(The * is that fox farms soil is heavily variable from bag to bag, regardless of which blend. I find myself steering further away from ever touching their products again the more I see fellow growers struggle in their soil blends.)

2 Likes

She’s about a week and a half old or so

1 Like

Interesting. I’d start with checking out your light intensity. I wouldn’t expect her to be eating through all those nutrients that quickly - but if the light is at max power, she may indeed be eating lots to keep up with the light/her own growth.

1 Like

I’ll get back to you later tonight then. Thanks!

1 Like

Definitely won’t need a feed with those soils. She’s young and I think she’s just getting used to the soil. I’d give her some time. She’s not an auto so you have time.

2 Likes

I figured it wasn’t nutrients recently, took feeding out of my mind

Hey @Graysin, just checked DLI. Looks like DLI is around 25 for this one. What do you think? Too much?

1 Like

25 may be a bit much for as young as she is.

I added a shade cover, gonna see how it goes

1 Like