Def-Grows: A Compilation of Failures and Success

Added a little half hoop house with shade screen for the Runtz and Trizzler auto. Runtz clones are looking like they are gonna pull through, showing nice new growth on both plants, they started to flower but i havent noticed any new pistils last day or 2 so Im hoping they are getting back to vegging.

The Gelato auto and 1 of the Lemon Ogs died after sprouting tap roots, probably got too hot or soil was too dry. Its a learning curve for sure lol

5 Likes

Looks nice and warm there bud dang, total dessert eh. Look at your ground compared to my yard in the summer

1 Like

The ground we are buying isnt quit as rocky, has a bit more green to it. Ill show some stock pics from the property ad.

6 Likes

Amazon deliver out there? :joy:

2 Likes

Indeed! Trash service too lol

3 Likes

that must be the back yard then…how bout a street view. haha

1 Like

Dang man that’s like true dessert, it looks like the Mexico border to my untrained eyes.

It would be interesting to know what you can grow there without watering it or amending the soil.

To me as a Canadian I see huge parts of the USA that people have these houses stretching out in these type of areas.
Like nothing grows nearby, little no rain, so it’s shocking how life is supported. It’s like Vegas which just sucks a giant lake dry lol.
Eventually the lakes gonna be empty or the ground water will be sucked dry.

I’m definitely thankful to live near a river that flows thanks to snow that falls in the mountains. It rains and we get snow which adds to the ground water table, things grow here naturally.

Aloe and cactus steaks I Geuss if the grid goes out eh haha.

1 Like

We actually sit right ontop of one of the largest underground aquifers in the world. There is weird little pop up storms every now and then, doesnt really rain much, but kicks up humidity quite a bit. Like it goes from 9% to 35% humidity and you can absolutely feel it lol.

We are also just off the Colorado River, Lake Havasu is just a really wide spot in the river, got some coves and stuff, but its just a river. As long it keeps snowing and raining up there in Canada, we should have water availability to some degree here.
We are only like 4 hours or so from the Mexican border.

3 Likes

Also, its like, always sunny here… from sun up to sun down… sun shine all day long.

1 Like

Unless everyone up stream sucks it dry before it reaches you like the rivers in Mexico!

Sorry not trying to be a downer so don’t take that the wrong way, it’s actually a nice spot I like the mountains and it does show there is more greenery those trees or tree like things. It’s Intresting geography.

That’s crazy I guessed right about the Mexican border lol!

Are you on the west? Middle or east side of the country? Sorry I forget where you moved to.
I ask because I do plan to drive down to Mexico in the future again one day and just curious.

Is land cheap there?

1 Like

No your good!

We moved to Arizona, right on the Arizona/California border, literally.

Land prices vary. You can get 3-5 acres for $2,500 US but your living off grid, with no road. Lol trailblazer style. We have been scoping 3-5 acre parcels for about $30,000 US. Theres lots of ranch properties down here, 100+ acre parcels are EVERYWHERE. You go over to Sedona and you cant get 2 acres for less than 300K.

The spot we are buying is right off of the original historic Route 66 trails. You can go riding around in the desert next to the highway and see old sections of original road. Its pretty cool

The tag on the map is on Lake Havasu City, right about where the original London Bridge stands today. The property we are buying is north a little ways

1 Like

5 acres here is 400k - 1.5 Mil lol

What do people do down there? Like here do many work in Resources, oil, lumber, mining, fishing on the coasts, farming the prairies,
Geuss you could build a solar farm but that takes $

I love off grid I grew up off grid on a 400acre treed mountain side.
Now I’m city folk and work in industrial private health care.

It’s Intresting to see other peoples lives, makes me miss traveling.

It will be a great place to grow cannabis in hydro or buy a pallet of coco and re use it.

Start a compost!

Fun adventure, although challenging for you and your family family. I wish you all the best

2 Likes

Honestly, there isnt much. Ranching is big, health care is huge, the hospital here was paying $50k sign on bonus BEFORE covid. Concrete work is big out here as well as OTR truck driving. Which, btw, FUG outta here with driving an 18 wheeler out here up and down some of these grades winding down the mountain sides.

2 Likes

I will be attempting an autopot route like you do, i think thats an almost perfect method for out here. Gravity fed, i can keep the REZ out of the grow room, but in a cooled room. Less motors and pumps running than true hydro, i dont need help adding heat here lol.

I imagine it will take some experimenting, reading through some of @Myfriendis410 old journals, to see how he did in SoCal, as we are very similar in climates. Im excited for my familys future, my wife is happier since moving here, my kids are smiling and playing outside every single day, playing in the pool at grandmas alot. My son actually got in a fight at school in his second week, somebody cracked a “your momma” joke and he didnt appreciate it. He got suspended for 3 days but the principal was laughing and saying “nobody gonna talk about the Indiana kids mom no more!” Lmao. I wasnt thrilled, not happy he lost his cool. Its all good.

1 Like

@DefNSmokn I live 30 miles from the Mexican border and we grow outside from April to Oct on into Dec some years. Weed loves the sun and we get 5 months of 15+ hours of it. You just have to find the right strains, amnesia, blue dream, just about any haze, n. lights, sour diesel. I haven’t grown outside for years now (health) I’m trying to remember the ones that did the best here I’m in the middle of moving so I don’t have a clue where my notebooks are or I’d have a better list. Almost forgot one of my favorites Mexican Candy :yum:… good luck in your new home

Edit = and we ride our bikes (Harleys) 300 days of the year, the 65 days we can’t ride are never more than 5 or so in a row

4 Likes

Thats interesting to know! I had heard that there used to be land races all over out here, and that some strains like you mentioned, actually perform quite well in the desert! I may have to try to pick your brain at some point lol

2 Likes

Remember this girl? Well, i popped a jar of this Super Lemon Haze/Black Widow that I have named WTF 1 (What The Fruit) because i couldnt quite pinpoint what the flavor was. I always tasted berries and lemons and something else.

So after curing for almost 2 months, the first sniff from the jar smells of fresh berries and lemons, very strong. After rolling a couple joints and a few bong rips. Im pleased to say the flavor is of sour berry lemonade. Its delicious to smoke. The buzz is very relaxing but the sativa keeps your mind up and at it. Not racy by any means. But if you over do it and get stoned, the indica takes over and its a nice light body stone. Not crazy potent, tons of flavor.

Some more shots of jarred and dryed buds.

7 Likes

That’s pretty :heart_eyes: :yum:

@DefNSmokn I thought of something else that is great for this dead desert soil a friend of mine turned me onto after I struggled growing down here for a couple years when I first got down here. Biochar imo is the best thing you can add to the soil here and anywhere for that matter

1 Like

Very nice smoke report …:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Up potted the Trizzler auto to a 7 gal fabric pot. The Runtz are looking good and even undergoing a little training.

3 Likes