Def-Grows: A Compilation of Failures and Success

Those are swollen calyxes with reseeding brown pistils still clearly visible sticking out of them. The question is why are the pistils brown, have they been pollinated? The rest of the pistils are all very young and white…just putting it out there…:sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

Time will tell?
@MattyBear any view on this?

1 Like

I did have a herm, right in the middle. I didnt notice any exposed pollen, not saying it didnt happen, though.

1 Like

Looks like a seed. Trust me, you don’t have to see the pollen for it to happen. The last one I harvested had hermied on me and it has TONS of seeds from just a few nanners.

A lot of things can make pistils go brown an reseed…its not to say it was pollen…its just curious that only those calyxes are swollen and not the rest…as Nicky says…time will tell. :sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Yeah i got a feeling im gonna deal with some seeds… ugh. Hopefully it was a full room exposure and just got a couple buds on each… dang. Welp, i guess the seeds should be good though?

Im out of likes, but thank you!

Lets say for sake of things they are seeds, should I plan for any differences in timelines or anything?

Nope…stay your course, IF those are seeds, you are growing a female plant, no matter if she’s got a couple of seeds, its still a female :sunglasses::v:

1 Like

I was hoping thats what you would say! I feel better about this. Gonna keep my eye on them still, these learning experience’s are invaluable to me, thanks for the help you guys give here!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a seed. Are those all over or just in one of the buds?

1 Like

Just a few buds. Not all over… yet anyways. Ill be eyeballing them hard the next few days hoping to not spot many more. @MattyBear

1 Like

The seeds won’t be good because it was a herm not a male on female action.

Ugh sorry…

I say stay your course if you want concentrates. Time will. Tell how many seeds you get I Geuss…

1 Like

My experience is that when there are seeds starting to show up this early in flower, if you take her all the way to the end, you will have a good amount of seeds in your buds. Some people don’t mind that, but I personally hate picking out seeds when I’m trying to break down buds to smoke

4 Likes

Totally agree that’s why I’m thinking concentrates.

Dry sift it all for kief, make bubble hash with bubble bags or cook it all for coconut oil.

3 Likes

Agreed with Matty and Nicky…decide what you want…smoke or concentrate… its easy for me to say stick the course, but I grow for different reasons than you…One thing is unfortunately a definite…you will have to do a proper clean of the complete environment…:sunglasses::v:

Im gonna stick the course, fairly bummed… but its my first grow and Im surprised i got this far. Im not entirely sure what ill do when I harvest… I got another round of youngins going… just going to keep a better eye out know that I have a better idea what im doing.

Thanks again! @Nicky @MattyBear @Arrow

3 Likes

This is necessary and I have learned the hard way. Definitely wipe down all surfaces inside the tent including fans and filters. I thought I cleaned my tent really well after a breeding project but I got seeds the next round because I didn’t get all areas. Use a cleaning wipe or water/alcohol mix and maybe even do it twice if you can :v::bear:

3 Likes

Thats wild! Good to know, it will be scrubbed. Thanks!

1 Like

Am I looking at two different phenotypes here? Or is this bc of the pollination?

Plant 1

Plant 2

6 Likes

Top one is polinated? Yeah?

2 Likes