Deez plants to get you high

Ok. Garden tour.

Snow peas, beets and chard. Radishes and hansai broccoli are already done and eaten a while ago and crispino lettuce and cilantro are starting In their place.

Hard neck garlic

Broccoli, cabbage, and across the back a pair of fennel and a row of green onions.

This was a bed full of five different kinds of lettuce but that’s all been harvested over the last month or so and now there’s one big head of Romain that’s getting eaten tonight and a row of English cucumbers in the front and carrots in the back and banana Kush sticking up right behind it

Beans, ground cherries, and zucchini from back to front

More coming up

10 Likes

Tarragon, parsley, rosemary, mint, and a Super Silver Haze that I’m attempting to see if it will re-vegetate after being harvested. It ain’t dead yet.

Here’s all the peppers, in the back two rows. From right to left it’s hardest to mildest. There’s hot cherry peppers, hot banana peppers, jalapeños, sweet banana peppers, Italian pepperoncini’s, and good old bell peppers. Front row is oregano and eggplant

This is a solid wall of tomatoes with a border of shell peas. The shell peas don’t have more than another week or two left and then those will come out so the tomatoes can breeze better. There’s five or six different varieties of tomato here ranging from enormous slicers to midsize cocktail to little cherry tomatoes

He was a little bit of companion planting in between the tomatoes, it’s been awesome at keeping my basil from bolting

End of the line, here’s the potatoes. I’ve been slacking on going to the garden center to pick up more compost to talk these up with. I don’t have enough of my own, I need like entire yard I feel like

Oh and one last thing, we decided to try artichokes for the first time this year. Baby artichokes just started forming

15 Likes

Really nice garden Mr Deez

Thanks Dave! We just built the raised beds last spring so my soil mix in the beds wasn’t cooked yet when we planted and last years garden was a big disappointment. This fall I cranked up the mineral content with greensand, langbeinite, and bone meal (I was on a kick of reading about High Brix gardening) and this spring installed a few pounds of red worms. Well it’s paid off. We’ve been growing veggie gardens for years at the community garden and had our plot nicely amended and growing well but daaaaag this is a whole new level. The peppers especially.

We also took the step of getting a couple of portable clear plastic greenhouse tents that fit over the 4x8 beds. We were able to put the peppers out in mid-may which is crazy for our area and supplement the cold nights (some freezing) with a little space heater in the tent. Big payoff there. We tented the lettuce bed too which enabled our massive lettuce harvest and amazing early season carrot performance.

We’re gonna harvest beets any day now. They are perfect pickling size (around 1 1/2”)

This was the lettuce bed a month ago.

10 Likes

Sir, all of those pics are amazing!

1 Like

Thanks for the garden tour! I have my girls in the middle of the garden with vegetables and flowers. :grin:

1 Like

That is a sweet garden! Nice job growing all those veggies!

1 Like

Thanks! I love a good steak but a good way to get me and the wife and kids to eat veggies is to grow them! We spent a lot of years busting our butts pulling weeds in our old garden patch and now just watching the harvests roll in with these raised beds and hardly ever pulling a weed it’s like paradise. It’s almost too easy!

3 Likes

Strawberry cough and sour D

Beets for pickling. These were planted in early may and grew fast

Compost tea starting …. Some veggie compost, Kelp extract, and Roots Organics Trinity because I didn’t have any Blackstrap Molasses on hand and it’s in there

Banana Kush autos 10 days into flowering

6 Likes

Hey brother, I Keep reading about these tees and I was wanting to know what are they what I was usually in them and what do you guys use them for?

1 Like

To be honest I’ve read about it for years and this is my first try. I grow organic in soil and all of the growers That I see getting the results I wish I was getting are using tea.

Specifically on this site @IslandGrown76 gets enviable results and uses mainly organic teas and blackstrap molasses.

I’ve seen the benefits of kelp first hand for years and more recently got hip to organic blackstrap molasses. It all makes sense - happy soil microbes = happy plant. So To grow a happy plant just grow a happy herd of soil microbes. Easy. Microbes eat all sorts of stuff in your soil but they loooove carbs, especially sugars like molasses.

Teas are supposed to feed your soil with the goods the microbes want but also help to add a diverse and fresh population of microbes to your soil. That’s why you aerate compost (microbe source) along with liquid kelp and molasses (microbe food) and the result is a tea full of a thriving community of microorganisms ready to feed your plants that you drench the roots with

My recipe I’m doing right now (first try) is a big handful of compost, 1oz of liquid seaweed (Neptune’s harvest), and 1oz of Roots Organics Trinity (molasses, kelp, and saponins). Gonna bubble it for 24-36 hrs and then dilute 1 to 4 and feed.

4 Likes

Well let me know if you start to see the results of what you’re talking about and them getting better and better production of your buds and such. I’m very interested in this especially because so many people talk about it that I’ve read but I really have no idea what it is and how to use it. This will be really cool to watch and learn from you. Will both be learning together about it! Thanks dude

1 Like

@Deez your plants and your garden are freaking awesome! Keep it up brother! :+1::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thank you!

I’m not gonna give tea to the autos - they are on a salt based regimen but will be giving it to the photos which are strictly organic and I’ll see how this goes

Veggies will be getting tea as well.

2 Likes

Update for today - fed the veggies and autos a top dressing of Uprising Bloom.

I’ll dose the autos with beastie bloomz today or tomorrow.

Sprayed the Gold Leaf down with Capt Jacks Dead Bug again. Preventative.

Compost tea will be ready tomorrow for the photos and veggies.

3 Likes

Holy crap its foamin like crazy!

4 Likes

Omg foam overflow!!

And yeah…. That’s a sap bucket :rofl:

5 Likes

Wow :star_struck: @Deez Holy foam! :rofl::joy:
Should be some strong ass tea no doubt! Funny stuff…
@JKDjEdi you need to make yourself your own topic bro. Lol
When using cloth pots they allow your root systems to breath and grow better plus better drainage. Welcome to the forum bud. Happy growing

3 Likes

Tell me about it…this forum makes it hard to do so… No “Start A Topic” button anywhere!!

Oh man I never got one to foam up like that that must be some good compost