And the Cali Dream…. Jesus f&@k

These branches are stacked….

12 Likes

beautiful trees lol, so huge

2 Likes

Nice happy trees there @Deez

3 Likes

We stretching!

My gauge has been the posts on the trampoline next to it, they are very nearly the same height at this point. Gonna need an axe to harvest it.

Tropicana Cookies finally started to show flowers today. Only hope of that finishing is if we have some really good growing weather for the next two months.

The MK ultra is giving off some serious raw power vibes. The flowers are simply exploding and even standing next to the plant you get this energy that there’s some really powerful forces at work. I feel like I need to go home and eat it a bunch of carbs in the form of molasses tonight. I’ll bet she’d really appreciate it

I Calii Dream is a little behind the MK and it’s definitely doing a more slow and steady kind of thing.

I watched a great video about hashmaking and Rosin pressing with a guy named Pedro on YouTube last night. I learned some interesting shit that he has me feeling a little less anxious about how to handle this falls harvest.

One of the new things I’ve never heard of before that I learned is it half drying flowers before making bubble hash. I will dig up a link later and post the video, and it’s not so much a how to more like a great compendium of little tips that they touch on that are a great jumping off points for Exploration

9 Likes

You Deez, maybe try a regular seed and search for a good male? At the same time you can save a few females and breed the best one. The seed you get will slowly acclimate to your climate and soil. Its really a win win. Colloidal silver is not safe to use anyways. There is lots of information on the product and that steers me away from it. RSC has some very exciting genetic material suitable for breeding projects. Ive been searching for plants that are good for my zone… as well as plants that have the terpine/ cbd thc profiles that suit my needs and those of my patients.

2 Likes

Bro I can show you how to make hashish the real way… the best way. Its pretty easy, but to do it right takes months not days. My hashish is honestly, the best Ive ever smoked, my friends and clients cant get enough… because I wont let them short me on it.

7 Likes

dang its as tall as the trampoline net?

2 Likes

I’m in no hurry. Show me the way.

I’m only foxing with the colloidal silver to make fem pollen to make my own autos. I much prefer growing photos to autos but sick of buying autos. I still grow a few a year for an early outdoor harvest.

I’m down with doing some breeding especially to create something acclimated to my soil. I do this with garlic and green onions and I’ve seen the positive results. So I know what you’re saying in that regard. Plus I’d love to be able to give my buddies some of my own genetics to grow out. I used to hang with a bunch of breeders so I’ve
Got the book learning part of it down pat, just never tried it myself. Damn male pollen is getting hard to come by!

7 Likes

What do you call the ‘real’ way of the hashashins world? I have been making hash for many years. Interested in your points of view?

2 Likes

Yes male pollenis hard to get and its why a great male is highly prized. So much so that 1 season of a seeded crop is worth it if you are lucky enough to have a killer male and a few wicked females. Remember that you can still smoke seeded cannabis… after all, most of the dope for sale in the 70s and 80s was seedy. Also seedy weed is perfect for edibles and concentrates. That said if you can contain the male, even better! Then you can collect pollen and isolate branches to impregnate.

3 Likes

Seeded cannabis as in hermies. Sure hope ya all aren’t trying to smoke the pollen sacks :slight_smile:

1 Like

No… as in male plants, all hermies must be destroyed. I consider hermie traits a no go for breeding purposes.

5 Likes

Your girls are looking great brother

3 Likes

Thanks @SilvaBack203 ! Branches are getting heavy on the Calii Dream. I’m not really sure how I want to approach holding this plant up. I might just let a bunch of it rest on the ground or surround it with something to keep them a few feet off the ground. Whatever it is there’s gonna be plenty of weight!

Yeah this can’t be stated strongly enough. That’s not even an opinion, that’s just hard fact when it comes to breeding. This is why I’m always against even growin seed begat from herm pollen. Once it’s in there it’s just lurking waiting to ruin your crop at the worst possible time.

I’m gonna put on my crotchety old man suspenders real quick and throw this rant out there: breeding cannabis has not improved with legalization. Breeders used to be pretty well dedicated to the craft and wouldn’t let anyone other than close friends grow out gear that’s in development until they Had stabilized it through backcrossing and they were totally satisfied with the results for fear of tarnishing their name. Now it seems like every Tom, Dick, Calland Harry is out there making crosses and getting one pheno that they like, cloning the hell out of it and calling that a new strain. Then you give some pop rapper with rainbow hair and a name like Lil Bivalve A few pounds of it and have them write a rap screaming its praises and next thing you know everybody wants to get their hands on whatever strain that you’ve just named after a dessert.

There’s a reason there’s so much phenotypic variation in so many of these newer strains. They just haven’t been bred properly by anyone with more than a sixth grade knowledge of genetics. It takes time to backcross and stabilize a line.

9 Likes

Its all about the Benjamin’s $$. Its the new norm as i see it. Not many people take pride in there work anymore. Not just in the weed industry either. Its a shame.

5 Likes

The irony, is breeding is not that hard. People make it hard. The tough part about a solid breeding program is keeping males away from chicks, and being able to grow lots of plants from seed. You need to be able to grow enough plants of both males and females to have a short list for traits. Its pretty tough to do if you only grow 3 or 4 plants. You also need to be able to clone females and possibly even males? You can cryo pollen, but it eventually runs out. And it cant be understated, the male is equally valuable. I keep all males… short list them for traits and before they flower I kill all but 1. Then I use the paint brush method, cover the bud in paperbag with tape for 24 hours. Then I hose the buds off to kill the pollen remaining. It works wicked. You can also use pollen from several males on one female this way. That way you can use Lebanese on 1 bud, hindu kush or Afghan on another and so on. Then grow out the seed and repeat the process. If you keep the original female, you can keep seeking the males with the desired traits and eventually you will stratify your seed. This is the basics obviously but if you think about a giant crop of cannabis with males everywhere. Its super healthy because you maintain genetic diversity. That means plants can develop strategies to ward off bugs or drought, or snowfalls… monsoons even, then they pass this information along to their progeny.
And yes electrical tape works great for broken legs :laughing:

9 Likes

Great info brother. I had never even thought about the idea of pollinating multiple branches with different male pollen. That is definitely a pro move.

It’s funny how 15 years ago and more males were like an annoyance that you had to deal with and now that everybody is selling feminized seed there like hens teeth.

The idea of not being able to buy un-feminized seed easily has a very Monsanto kind of feel to me. Besides, and this ties in heavily with my previous rant, because so many strains are bred quickly and not stabilized so much of the seed stock people are growing are hybrids, not stable back crosses. If you’ve ever tried to grow an apple or a hybrid tomato From the seed inside the fruit you’ll know that the resulting plant is not going to produce anything like what the original hybrid seed did. It’s just more reason to grow and breed with old stable genetics.

5 Likes

2.5 weeks on the Mk (right) and Cali Dream (left)

1 week on the Tropicana cookies (middle)

8 Likes

Cali Dream has a ton of arms all lookin like this one

Mk is lookin explosivo and is already packing on the trichomes!

7 Likes