Deez plants to get you high

Pshhh u had me scared it was horrible after your blow outs

1 Like

Ha, no my issues were down to my technique. Pressing rosin just takes a much gentler approach than pressing flower and how you prep the hash and load the bag is a huge factor when it comes to avoiding blowouts.

Next video I post I do get a minor blowout right at the end of the pressing and its not a ripped seam, its just an overzealous operator. If you go too hard there’s no bag that can hold up. Thankfully with my run when it blew it was really minor and i could just pick around the blown out hash. You’ll see… i’ve got a little editing to do on that still. Also got a couple of hash making videos coming down the pike….

Thanks for the kind words on the video. My wife was watching me do the voice overs and was like “you sound bored or tired” or something like that :smile: I’m like dear I’m just high af on this Live Sour D and can’t handle loud noises :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: everything is 2 loud right now. Love it keep em coming and ima watch them. Hopefully before the year is over I get to try my 1st bubble wash and live rosin

1 Like

Deez, you seem like a very intelligent person, I’ve been looking at my tricombs post harvest. I’m trying to pinpoint my harvest time for different effects. They say tricombs stop maturing when you chop your plants so I should be able to look at my dry herb and figure out if I harvested to soon or to late from the apex of THC percentage. Do you know or have a picture of tricombs when they are dry of what they should look like for max THC? Or am I way off and just ridiculous. Hahaha

That’s kind of you to say :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:I don’t have a pic…. Maybe someone else? @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @Lacewing

I can say that trichomes on a dry plant look basically the same as on a live one so a pic of trichs on ANY plant whether live or dried should be helpful.

Also don’t put TOO much stock in your trichome appearance as pertains to maturity. (Like obv wait til it’s cloudy) Some strains don’t go amber , some do more easily. Really the best way to truly pinpoint your harvest is to take pics at harvest and detailed Notes on the quality of the smoke and then grow out clones of the same and harvest some sooner and some later and compare the differences. It’s a strain by strain thing and this is part of why old heads who grow the same strain year after year can just feel it. After you’ve grown the same strain a few times you start to recognize patterns and know what to expect. Then when you really get to know it you’ll know enough to ANTICIPAte It!!

3 Likes
3 Likes

:scream:. Lol mine have been trucking along not getting amber
I think they just not done yet, I hope :flushed:

1 Like

I believe trichomes will continue to darken after harvest.

2 Likes

Darken, Yes from oxidation.

1 Like

Alright, that actually explains alot to me. Experience is king. I mean I’m close on my first try. They all turned out pretty good. I harvested at 3 different times so I got lots of good herb labeled so good feed back. I plan to grow lots of different strains so hopefully I’ll find one particular trait and go with it. Happy growing👍

1 Like

Thanks again.

1 Like

OK, question for you guys with pest management experience. My last go round in my grow room I had aphids that I brought in from outside when I brought some plants in that had been growing outdoors.

That was august. It’s been since then that my room has been totally empty and dry.

I’m about to fire it up again and want to know if there’s anything special i should do cleaning wise. Like are these aphids going to like come back to life or did they like lay eggs that are lying dormant in my room that are gonna wake up and infest my plants as soon as they see a little heat and moisture?

I know these are total noob questions but honestly I’ve never had pests in an indoor environment aside from a couple of fungus gnats here and there

1 Like

Thanks for those shots
And sorry it took me two months to respond lol …
Will totally help me out to paint some cannabis fields !!
Hope your doing good
I’ll have to catch up on the thread later …

1 Like

I think if you just wipe everything down you’ll be alright …I don’t think their eggs can lay dormant for long and they would have hateched and died without something to snack on

2 Likes

Ok so in other news my super old cat has diabetes and I’ve got to give him insulin shots twice a day forever.

Sent him in to get groomed and $600 later I’m being shown how to inject a cat. FML.

2 Likes

Start the countdown, I just ordered more seeds. As soon as these babies get here I’m poppin some. I got MK Ultra, California Dream, and Tropicana Cookies. Gonna do one of each this winter and some clones for the spring.

AlsoI found this on amazon. I’ve been thinking I want to try low-wide bags instead of the usual.

Plan is to dismantle the tent and just grow in the grow room. Probably move the veg rack out of the room into the adjoining gear room once it’s time to flower.

3 Likes

I looked into shorter bags . I found some at bootstrap farmerweb site. They have low profile bags also. If I remember correctly, they had bigger sizes than the ones you shared above. I bought a 100 gallon to mix and put the outside girls in.

2 Likes

I’ve had Tropicana cookies and MK ultra …Both really good …the Tropicana cookies was completely purple with bright orange hairs and totally tastes like OJ
The MK was kind of berry ish and great to smoke at night

2 Likes

@Deez Keeping an eye on yer indoor grow with your new seeds coming. :+1: Nice line up there! Been wondering about the Tropicana Cookies ILGM recently added. Hope they’re gonna be :fire: for ya! :v:

Thanks :pray: that was one of my wife’s picks and we’re both real excited to check it out. We’ve had other cookies strains and liked them. This will be our first time growing any of the cookies strains. I’ve got a couple of Girl Scout cookie extreme autos waiting to go in the greenhouse in the spring.

The Tropicana cookies claims to have good mold resistance as well so will be trying it outdoors too.

4 Likes