Deez plants to get you high

Grew it last summer and loved it. It’s a bit of a long flowering time for my area but I’ve got indoor space to finish it if need be. Last year it needed an extra two weeks in my garage to finish up after the weather turned too cold.

1 Like

I harvested the silver haze grow indoors the other night and decided I’d stick it out in the garden and see what happens this summer. Probably nothing but maybe something

7 Likes

Definitely something! Dump in a bunch of water with high nitrogen plant food. Wait a week, do it again, and get ready for the crazy growth. And also cutting a lot of clones.

2 Likes

I’ll try it. I’ve got a monster cropped clone doing pretty well in the backyard right now.

2 Likes

Here’s a shot of the Gold Leaf that was having some pest issues last week. All good now.

This plant was manifolded back in April. You can see how the internal structure has developed. This is gonna be a big girl. Lots of time left to veg and this is where we’re at….

And zoom out…

Nice node spacing here…

6 Likes

Forgot to mention my autos started flowering 3 days ago.

Day three for the bananakushes

Here’s a peek at the sour D and my typical training regemin. Look close and you can see the three fingered leaves on this mutant

And here’s strawberry cough. This did great last summer despite poor soil. I can’t wait to see how it does this year.

Or here’s a better look at those mutant leaves

7 Likes

It’s been a long time since I’ve grown straight in the ground - still not doing it this year but it’s the first time I’ve used pots bigger than 15 gallons and the plants are showing the results.

Coast of Maine Stonington Blend for this grow just like my most recent indoor. It just worked too well not to try again. They claim that in a 25 gallon pot there’s enough nutrition to take it from
Seed to harvest with no additional fertilizers added. Compost tea is what they need ASAP to keep the micro herd happy.

ILGM gold leaf

ILGM Strawberry cough in the foreground, ILGM sour D in the background

I love lookin at big plants and thinking - 7 more weeks of veg :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Oh yeah and here’s the autos. Saying they are flowering is a bit of a stretch of the imagination. Clearly showing early signs but on-the-cusp is probably a better characterization

These are in 5 gallon pots and were slow to start. Same Stonington blend as everything else. The stall in growth was likely transplant shock. They could have waited longer to be moved into bigger pots and if I’m thinking towards the next batch I should have just sprouted them and gone straight into the final pot. Autos aren’t really my thing but early harvests are :rofl:

Still debating whether I should shoot for a second round of autos this summer. I’ve got the seed. I should pop em this weekend if that’s gonna happen.

6 Likes

I love looking at all the green in your pictures! You have a beautiful garden/plants.

2 Likes

Thank you! We’re having a banner year in the veggie garden you can see what’s left of the lettuce in that last pic. We’re down to 4 or 5 heads of iceberg and Romaine. Peas are coming ready right now - we’ve got snow peas and shell peas. Garlic scapes are ready to be cut.

I’ll try and do a little photo tour of the garden after work today.

Yesterday was feeding day. The autos got the dregs from a couple old bottles of tiger bloom and big bloom as well as a 1/3 strength feed of Open Sesame. I like to grow organic but with autos and their short growing season I wack em with some salts too.

The big photos just got Roots Organics Trinity.

3 Likes

Holy balls now they’re flowering!

And then there’s the strawberry cough going beast mode and breaking its shackles. A little hard to see but if you look at the handle on the fabric pot you can see a plant tie dangling down. That was previously holding that branch down.

11 Likes

Ok. Garden tour.

Snow peas, beets and chard. Radishes and hansai broccoli are already done and eaten a while ago and crispino lettuce and cilantro are starting In their place.

Hard neck garlic

Broccoli, cabbage, and across the back a pair of fennel and a row of green onions.

This was a bed full of five different kinds of lettuce but that’s all been harvested over the last month or so and now there’s one big head of Romain that’s getting eaten tonight and a row of English cucumbers in the front and carrots in the back and banana Kush sticking up right behind it

Beans, ground cherries, and zucchini from back to front

More coming up

10 Likes

Tarragon, parsley, rosemary, mint, and a Super Silver Haze that I’m attempting to see if it will re-vegetate after being harvested. It ain’t dead yet.

Here’s all the peppers, in the back two rows. From right to left it’s hardest to mildest. There’s hot cherry peppers, hot banana peppers, jalapeños, sweet banana peppers, Italian pepperoncini’s, and good old bell peppers. Front row is oregano and eggplant

This is a solid wall of tomatoes with a border of shell peas. The shell peas don’t have more than another week or two left and then those will come out so the tomatoes can breeze better. There’s five or six different varieties of tomato here ranging from enormous slicers to midsize cocktail to little cherry tomatoes

He was a little bit of companion planting in between the tomatoes, it’s been awesome at keeping my basil from bolting

End of the line, here’s the potatoes. I’ve been slacking on going to the garden center to pick up more compost to talk these up with. I don’t have enough of my own, I need like entire yard I feel like

Oh and one last thing, we decided to try artichokes for the first time this year. Baby artichokes just started forming

15 Likes

Really nice garden Mr Deez

Thanks Dave! We just built the raised beds last spring so my soil mix in the beds wasn’t cooked yet when we planted and last years garden was a big disappointment. This fall I cranked up the mineral content with greensand, langbeinite, and bone meal (I was on a kick of reading about High Brix gardening) and this spring installed a few pounds of red worms. Well it’s paid off. We’ve been growing veggie gardens for years at the community garden and had our plot nicely amended and growing well but daaaaag this is a whole new level. The peppers especially.

We also took the step of getting a couple of portable clear plastic greenhouse tents that fit over the 4x8 beds. We were able to put the peppers out in mid-may which is crazy for our area and supplement the cold nights (some freezing) with a little space heater in the tent. Big payoff there. We tented the lettuce bed too which enabled our massive lettuce harvest and amazing early season carrot performance.

We’re gonna harvest beets any day now. They are perfect pickling size (around 1 1/2”)

This was the lettuce bed a month ago.

10 Likes

Sir, all of those pics are amazing!

1 Like

Thanks for the garden tour! I have my girls in the middle of the garden with vegetables and flowers. :grin:

1 Like

That is a sweet garden! Nice job growing all those veggies!

1 Like

Thanks! I love a good steak but a good way to get me and the wife and kids to eat veggies is to grow them! We spent a lot of years busting our butts pulling weeds in our old garden patch and now just watching the harvests roll in with these raised beds and hardly ever pulling a weed it’s like paradise. It’s almost too easy!

3 Likes

Strawberry cough and sour D

Beets for pickling. These were planted in early may and grew fast

Compost tea starting …. Some veggie compost, Kelp extract, and Roots Organics Trinity because I didn’t have any Blackstrap Molasses on hand and it’s in there

Banana Kush autos 10 days into flowering

6 Likes