Deepsix's First Journal:

A hybrid unit is alot better than smoking for sure.

Hybrid units heat the bowl with direct heat as well as the air you pull through, the problem with this is that while it may look the same to your naked eye if you had microscopic vision you would see the difference. That difference over time adds up to more carcinogens in your throat and lungs, this of course has to do with quality of the vape smoke your getting which will also effect the taste and other factors.

The volcano is the gold standard but its not portable and its a bit pricey for some, sortz and bickle also produces a Plenty which is a great option for most I would highly recommend.
A good alternative to the volcano is the Arizer Extreme Q. These are all full convection vaperizors.

Now since many people want a portable unit we will dive into those a bit.
Marketing has taken convection vaperizors for a bit of a spin unfortunately so do your research in this category. True full convection takes more energy than hybrids, many companies claim convection when its actually not true full convection. This technology is energy heavy and is costly, there are not alot of them on the market therefor and most are hybrids.

Sortz and bickle makes the mighty and the crafty
The ghost mv1 is no longer made but can still be available and has rave reviews.
Arizer has some including the Solo 2
Boundless makes a coupld
CFV which is a okay cheap option (I have 3 they have weak charge ports that break so Iā€™ve got two on warranty in the span of 2 years)
Terra is their newest option and it has removable and replaceable batteries, so you can buy more than one set aftermarket. This has to be one of my top picks right now because of the battery and fill convection tech. Itā€™s made of food grade plastic and comes with a glass Mouthpiece you can use as well as you can link it to a water bong!

The most common issue with hand helds is internal batteries lose charge capacity over time so this things sweet itā€™s probably my next purchase since the mighty and the crafty donā€™t have the battery option.
Also boundless is great for their warranty, they shipped me 3 new vapes lol so eh Iā€™ll give em a go. Just the CFV is an older design but it was very affordable and to be honest it broke me and the girl into the vape habbit/world so I give it huge respect in that matter I just wish the charge port didnā€™t break so easy.

Ps even many vape review sites or stores donā€™t catalogue them correctly so extensively research an option before you pull the trigger!

Also covid is saving me money by not making me buy a terra yet because I only smoke at home since its work or home there is no going out lol.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for taking the time to do the run through. Way of the leaf seamed to have a pretty good summary and some recommendations. It mentioned boundless CFV and Terra. The least expensive on the portable list is Pulsar APX. Like you, saving a bundle on the entertainment budget so redirect it toward home entertainment and some new lights.

2 Likes

Thanks @Nicky you summed all of those up very well.
There arenā€™t nearly as many convection units, and are usually more expensive.

2 Likes

Way of leafe is good but they still miss class skme vapes so again heavily research the product before you pull the trigger.
@Covertgrower @beardless no sweat family, and yes much less options much more expensive but totally worth it!

3 Likes

Will do. Retired and you can only read so many books. Besides, reading about this is so much more fun and useful.

2 Likes

Oh man Iā€™m gonna be good at being retired if I ever get there lol

4 Likes

I like doing my research firsthand, so I ordered the boundless CFX and the terra they were $99 eachā€¦

2 Likes

Highly recommended. Made it to 67 and finally cried uncle. 42 years in a high stress, time compressed profession, and I said I am not doing this another season. Handed off my clients to the successor of their choosing and said good bye. I am the happiest Fā€™r there is.

2 Likes

Dang you got both! Okay well please do a compare post! And tag me please please!

@beardless my dad was a dentist (divorced lol) until 76ā€¦
Im 32 a paramedic with no savings but now no debt! Haha and girls finishing her RN fingers crossed, sheā€™s struggling right now so Iā€™m packing up work and heading home this weekend to help her get through this last bit of the semester (5 courses, dog, cat, anxiety, still gotta check the plants etc)
But Iā€™m working on my OH&S degree online university while. At work I got two more yearsā€¦
Hopefully we can retire since we will be DINKS but we educated ourselves a little later in life.

4 Likes

I made it to 57 after 30 years with the same company things change owners get older kids take over. And then all them employees on first name basis become numbers. I got tired being a number so I looked at the numbers and retired comfortably. :+1:t3::v:t3:

2 Likes

I have to buy multiples of anything cool that I really like.
My wife tends to borrow all my cool sh!t and wear it out or break it or if it has a battery run it dead four minutes before I want to use it. So sometimes having cool stuff can get expensive due to needing multiplesā€¦ iā€™d laugh out loud but sometimes it really pisses me off. She did it to me last night with this new little vaneā€¦ I went to use it right at the time she was bringing it back deadā€¦ and I didnā€™t even know she had itā€¦

3 Likes

Omg I just laughed out loud thatā€™s soooo true with my girl to but I love her so I do the same thing ahhhh at least Iā€™m not the only one.

2 Likes

I have 2 of each as well, 1 for her, 1 for me! Ha!
Another thing about the vapes, you can add water attachments that make them that much better.
We use the DaVinci iq with a water attachment together nightly, the miqros are our solo rigs. She uses the bigger iq though more often than the other one.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œHappilyretired, post:210, topic:57219ā€]
retired comfortably.
[/quote].
Comfortable is good. I just got some new slippers.

2 Likes

Hey Im wondering? When I separate the trichomes from this Balkhi and roll it into a ball, it not only tastes very different from a joint of the same pot, but it smells like black hash. The weed doesnt smell like that at all. Does the vape that only smokes the trichomes make it taste and smell like if the pot was made into hash?
While its fun to make hash its a lot of work and you still need to smoke it into your lungs.

To be honest man I have smoked very little concentrate out of my volcanoā€¦
I honestly just learned how hahah.

@Cannabian are you in insta gram? And are you following ilgm?

2 Likes

He isā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s good he should be gotta show the support!

2 Likes

Being a paramedic in this day & age has to be a tough deal. Stay safe as best you can.

1 Like

I Iā€™ve moved into private industry working for oil and gas right now so itā€™s ideal

2 Likes