Deep water culture VS Ebb and flow

Im and old school Ebb and flow guy. I’ve been reading about deep water culture, and considering a new setup.
Thoughts? I use a similar method with a cloning machine. Is it more difficult to swap out water weekly? And is it better to have some sort of circulation system to keep the buckets moving?

1 Like

I think it’s more of a personal preference. Ebb & flow seem to be more what folks tent to use if doing a perpetual grow or clones that they can rotate in and out of flower pretty easily.

DWC or RDWC is more used by folks that tend to run just a few plants and are not set up for cloning.

I run a rdwc because I run two at a time, most of the time, because it’s just wife and I that smoke it so we don’t need much. With that said, each plant yields about 10-14 oz.

Since your familiar with ebb & flow, you may be able make a small system to work for just a plant or two but most will run clones.
Good luck and keep us posted.
:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I was thinking of setting up one with the parts I have from my Oxy-Clone. How difficult is the water swaps?

1 Like

With a small water pump, it’s not bad at all.

Here’s my last grow but at the beginning, you might pick up an idea or two??

:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks a ton, I’m going to try it out. Been growing in coco For sometime here, wanting to get back into hydroponics. This seems like a better idea for my smaller area

2 Likes

What brand nutes are using? My system is almost a set it and forget kinda thing and I run Jacks which is supper easy. Just give me a shout if you have any questions. There are several here that run hydro and have a ton of great ideas. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like